Mechanic

In the evening she sat in the living room and listened to music from vinyl records. She has like two hundred of them. She said nothing while I was looking through it. Raven has all the Depeche Mode albums, she seems to be a big fan of them, because next to the CDs, stands the Monument book. Then Raven has The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Scorpions, David Bowie, up to Rammstein albums. Today she was listening to some band I didn't know about even. They were probably called Bleib Modern. Amazingly, she let me drink a glass of wine with her. I never thought I'd drink a glass of wine with a killer while listening to post punk.

Monday, July 23, 2018 - 7:32 PM

          Today I went with Raven to a mechanic who she had a problem with for a long time. The workshop is at the very beginning of a small town in the valley. If someone offered me a million dollars for telling where this workshop could be, I wouldn't get that million. The entrance to the property is overgrown with such tall grass that it reached to my waist. All this entry is just such an overgrown dirt road. I have no idea how people take their cars there for repair.Raven left her car parked on the main road. When we were walking to the "gate" she handed me a Glock.

"If he wants to... do "something", aim at him and don't even hestitate," she said. "Oh, boy pray that he won't have a shotgun with him, because as you know, he has the right to shoot us without any warning."

          I put my glock behind my belt. The workshop was in a sort of hangar. Maybe they used to have their own small airport? There was a large caravan outside the hangar.

"Ronnie!" she called out. "Come out, you little shit!"

          The mechanic actually left the workshop. He was wiping his dirty hands with a scrap of old towel. He had shoulder-length dark blond hair and was very thin.

"Still not enough?" he asked with a smile.

"The rest for the renovation," she said and tossed the envelope under his feet. 

"We are now clear, right?" he hissed. "Well, I wouldn't say that. You promised me something else."

           Raven was ready to leave, but she stopped and turned away.

"For what you did, you should be in a..." she begun, but he interrupted.

"Have you already fucked your friend?" he looked at me. There was a little of envy in his eyes. "I don't want your damn money because that wasn't the deal."

"I did not sign any fucking cyrograph with you!" Raven shouted out loud. "Fuck you, you fucking fuck, because the Hell's flames even won't touch you..."

"That is so cute, when you're getting mad. But anyways a deal is a deal, and I do it for you."

"I was lying, you idiot!" she said sharply.