The Hunt

Monday, August 13 - 11:43 PM

         For me, this chapter was still not closed... Moving out didn't help me at all. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that somewhere in these woods there was a psychopath hiding who could attack without warning.

         It all went worse when Alden has disappeared. Just like he never existed. I haven't seen his Charger anywhere in a week. This silence was the worst. I felt that Alden was planning something dangerous, or he was coming to scare Raven and then disappear. Somehow, the latter option did not appeal to me. He made a bad impression on me and I had a feeling that the worst was yet to come.

         The auditioned tapes from Ronnie made me look at Raven quite differently. She had been through so much that the only option was to run away or kill herself. All Alden deserved was to be punished for what he had done to this girl.

         It may sound strange, but after the recordings I felt a lot of anger. It may be a natural reaction to human harm, but the feeling of taking revenge on him has become important to me. I was hoping we could get him as soon as possible.

         The initial interview plan turned into a hunt for the erratic psychopath.

         The worse still was that Raven hadn't come home from work today. She and her horse, which she had taken for a walk, had disappeared. We were all horrified to find a letter from Alden that he had left nailed to the door with a hunting crossbow bolt. The bolt seemed familiar to me. I was horrified to see that the bolt belonged to Raven. Kurt checked the guns and there were no crossbows and bolts.

"I finally found my beloved... I could even find her six feet underground. She left me without a word. She made a cozy nest behind my back... What a bitch. SHE IS ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY MY PROPERTY. I WILL BE THANKFUL IF YOU SHALL GIVE US A LIITLE SPACE!!! The only thing she deserves is REVENGE. I will take care of her very well. VERY FUCKING WELL.

         With pure hatred for the whole world and especially her:

                                                                                                                    Alden"

         After reading this letter, we all felt the blow that this psychopath struck us. Raven was in graven danger now. The hunt had to start immediately.