Pain

The night after the suicide attempt

          Ronnie opened the door with the shotgun at his side. He hadn't expected Raven to come to him so late. He was worried that she had come all alone.

Ronnie:

I let her in without hesitating. I felt that she had just come to me for support. She was as if intoxicated by something. Then she explained that they were sedatives.

I felt very sorry for her that she wanted to take her own life. Plus, the whole thing was terrible, when this guy threw the ax at the center of my car's windscreen. Then she only admitted that she was killing. It still shocked me, but my feelings won... Instead of driving her home, I invited her in. I don't regret doing it. A late conversation clarified everything.

She said she had made a mistake and the rest was just an avalanche of events... consequences. She spoke in horror that every step in life would have a consequence. She said life was a trap from which she thought there was only one way out. She explained she had been suffering from depression for years. I began to understand her panic and fear and suicide attempt.

So she continued. She seemed to be drowning in her own thoughts and bad memories. I was afraid of what I was going to hear, but I was grateful to her that she opened up and told her dark secret.