A Back-Stab

"Yesterday you said something else..." I interjected. 

"I was drunk and stoned a bit," he confessed. "I got carried away kinda, you know. Well, she promised, in fact, that... as she said, "she will pay, but in a different way", of course she meant sex." he looked me in the eye. "I wanted it as everyone else would want as a man, but not in such a way. You know, sex is done out of love, not just to pay off the debt. I couldn't do anything and just had to say in simple words that I like her and that I do not intend to do it this way," he sighed. "She looked at me as if I had her insulted and Raven kicked me out."

"Has she tried to see you since then?"

"After her defeat, she broke contact. I think that after she got humiliated, she didn't want to look me in the eye. She felt probably stupid, so she showed up with you. By the way, who are you to her?

"An old friend. I'm trying to find out what's wrong with her."

"You must have been lied too that you met with me."

"Yeah, let's say so." I agreed.

          I thanked Ronnie and returned to Raven's house. She was still at work, so I was going to visit her and see her work in practice.

         As she explained today, she continued working with a horse who refused to jump although he was healthy.

"Moonlight was a champion in jumping, but from day to day he stopped jumping at all. If he does not return to jumping, he is in danger of slaughter. I hate people" she added bitterly. "It's the owner's fault. Yes, that's how you force a horse beyond its strength."

         An elderly man came to us, the owner of this table.

"How's work with our champion going?" he asked hoarsely.

"He must have had some damn trauma," Raven replied. "He rears up against an obstacle and doesn't even want to try to jump over half a meter. Maybe I'll take Dalion and show him that jumping isn't bad? Or invite this owner? Maybe admit what she did to him?"

"Are you saying it's her fault?"

"Oh, yeah" she said. "It is enough that he couldn't give as much as he should from himself and that she hit him for it. Horses remember harm. He must have been very disappointed in her that he even had lost confidence.

"Your relationship with Orman is a good example. He trusted you even though they sentenced him."

 "I told them to release him." she looked at me. "So we could start again."

"Do you think so with Moonlight?" asked the owner.

"Yes. I will take Orman with me and let Moonlight loose. Maybe he lacks freedom."

"Orman would follow her to hell and back again." he laughed at me and patted my shoulder.

          I honestly didn't have the best humor after meeting this mechanic. I thought about it all the time. I suspected that the wounds or bruises Ronnie had mentioned were due to her fight with the victim. That was the best explanation. Ronnie had a good suspicion that she had a darker side. I guess I started to take his word for it, it wasn't like Raven had put it.

"You're strangely distracted." Raven pulled me out of my thoughts without mercy. "Where were you hanging out when you weren't here?"

"I was only at lunch."

         She looked at me suspiciously. I also saw growing anger in her eyes.

"I know you were with him!" she blurted out furiously.