For mistakes

After lunch, I met Ronnie. He was waiting by the old Ford.

"Something happened?" I asked worried.

"Raven's gone."

         It crushed me. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock.

"How come that she disappeared?" I asked, even more worried.

"Her brother came to me last night and said that she did not come back from work. In the morning she asked him if he could sleep with her, because she felt someone's presence in her sleep. She was too sleepy and didn't even turn to look at who was behind her back. She just knew she wasn't alone," he explained, barely keeping his nerves in check."Then she left and didn't come back," he explained, his nerves no longer were under control.

"Slow down, okay?" I put my hands on his shoulders. "Tell me that again," I asked, looking him straight in the eye.

"First, she told him... about not being alone in the room. Then she left without a word and did not show up until evening..." he said, almost falling apart. "Oh god..." he put his hand to his mouth.

"Anything else happened?"

"She left a letter... farewell..."

"What ..." I said in disbelief.

"She wrote that her demons would eventually kill her."

         I couldn't believe it.

"Where was that letter?" I asked.

"In her room. Kurt says it's her handwriting. Do you want me to say that someone else could have written it? And like kidnap her?" he paused for a moment. "She took the gun. She's probably dead by now..." Ronnie almost cried.

"Ronnie, please don't say that."

"I don't know what to think about it, you know? We've been attacked by someone and now... she's gone..."

"I understand it's not easy, but for now we have to find her. Did she take Orman with her?"

"No, he's in the stable."

"We'll take him with us, maybe he can sense Raven's presence," I suggested. Ronnie nodded silently.

"You think it's my fault because I didn't want to talk?" he asked sadly.

"I don't think so at all. You show me this letter, and now let's go."

         We went home. Her brother was sitting upset on the porch, smoking a cigarette impatiently. Shadow lay under his feet, trying to chew on his laces.

"Can I see the letter?" I asked Kurt.

        He handed it to me without a word.