High F

"Where's my jelly creme center?" Dad asked as he opened to box of doughnuts Kurt and I brought to Dad's garage.

"Sorry, dad, I must've forgotten." Kurt said.

"What's up with your brain today? You know, I think it's going soft from all that crap you put in your hair." Dad told him.

"It's organic and I'm fine. I'm sorry, it's a glee club thing." Kurt explained.

"It's not about a guy, is it? 'Cause I'm not ready to have that conversation, well apart from with Meggie but even then I don't want any boy going near my daughter." Dad told me, pointing a finger to make his point clearer.

"Oh, at least you don't have to worry about me getting someone pregnant." Kurt jokes but it didn't really work, we both just felt uncomfortable.

"It's not a guy. We're doing this amazing song for sectionals, a personal favorite of mine, and Mr. Schuester won't give me a chance to sing it."

"Why?"

"It's traditionally sung by a girl." I said for him.

"Well, you sing like a girl. You know, in a good way."

"I know but even after Meg said a very angry but powerful rant, he still didn't give me a chance." I smiled proudly at myself and I could tell dad was proud too.

"Look, Kurt, I don't know how this music stuff works. I'm pretty exclusively committed to my Mellencamp collection. But isn't there more crossover nowadays? You know, chicks doing construction, guys wearing dress shoes with no socks? Didn't that girl from your high school just join the boy's wrestling team?" Dad was talking about Lauren Zizes and not gonna lie, she was kinda terrifying.

"Yes, but her parents had to sue the school." Kurt argued.

"This is really getting you down, isn't it?" Dad asked when he saw Kurt's depressed face.

"I'm full of ennui." Kurt said.

"So, it's ...really getting you down?" 

"...Yes."

"Right, I'll see you guys at home." Dad got up and walked out the shop before me or Kurt could ask anymore questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again, we were all in the choir room and everyone (apart from me) were in wheelchairs in a semi circle.

 "Now, all of you are going to judge, and in the spirit of full access, each of you is going to get a vote. Whatever singer has the most votes, gets the part." Mr Schue was talking about the competition between Kurt and Princess Rachel.

  "This isn't going to be about talent, Mr. Schuester. It's going to be a popularity contest."  The Princess herself said.

"3 guesses who would win." I muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear and for Rachel to send me a death glare.

"Stop right there. Mr. Shue, if I may." Kurt rolled up to the front of the class.

"We all know I'm more popular than Rachel. And I dress better than her. But I want you all to promise me that you're going to vote for whoever sings the song better. Raise your right hand." Every did that but me.

"Megan." Kurt warned saying 'this is only fair'.

"Fine" I put up my right hand with a eye roll.

"Your right hand, Brittany." Kurt told her because she put up her left hand

"It's this one." Santana whispered to her friend.

"Repeat after me. I promise to vote for whoever sings the song better." Kurt told us all.