Let's get ourselves in trouble

Here's to the last chapter being written by me as a 17 year old 🥂. In a couple of hours I'll be 18 (P.S. don't expect me to act mature, such a thing does not exist 😌🥳) why I care so much about being 18 I honestly don't know cause my parents aren't going to let me do shit.

To all the people that read this book, I love y'all 🥺💞

Btw that aesthetic at the top is my first ever attempt at making an aesthetic!

***

"What's going on here?" I shouted. Yes. I shouted. In front of me was what I dramatically called a 'brawl'. My brother, Daniel, was on top of a kid half his size.

"Danny!" I whined. He always did this. What was wrong with the kid I did not know because he refused to talk about it but he apparently enjoyed getting into fights. The poor guy beneath him was red faced, his bottom lip sticking out and his eyes filled with tears that I saw he was holding back. Some kids were gathered around them but they were just staring.

Devils!

I rushed to my brother and hauled him up. Giving the kid lying on the floor an apologetic smile I grabbed Danny by the collar of his shirt and pulled him away.

"Let go of me." He enunciated each word with the stomp of his feet. Yeah right, I thought.

"Cap, what the hell? If Tony had seen you, you would've been in trouble!"

"Yeah like you were in trouble when you pranked that new guy." He mocked my relationship with Tony and it caught me off guard. This was unlike Danny. He never said anything about Tony looking after me at school, provided sometimes it was wrong but could you blame this cute face I carried around?

"What's going on with you?" I said, incredulity clear in my voice. His eyes shot a hard glare at me, his cheeks puffing out and I almost gave in but I wasn't having it. He couldn't talk to me like that! Next thing you know he's kicking me out of our house when he's twenty-two.

"You fix your eyes Daniel Parker and come with me to the Principal's office." And without looking at his face I took hold of his arm and dragged him to the Principal's office. He didn't say anything and now I was seriously worried about him. I went straight to the door and knocked.

"Come in." Said a gruff voice.

I opened the door, dragged Danny inside, folded my arms and sat in one of the chairs in front of the big desk.

"Talk." I directed the word towards Daniel who still stood at the door, though now his eyes were downcast staring at the wooden floor, his hands folded behind his back.

"What's going on?" Tony frowned, clearly confused but I heard the hint of worry in his voice.

Still nothing. Silence.

"Ella?" Tony's voice was questioning.

"I found him beating a guy half his size. Then he talked to me in a way he has never talked to me before. Knock some sense into him, please." My nose flared, eyes focused on my nails as I examined the nude nail paint I was wearing. To say I was hurt by Danny's behavior would be an understatement.

If there was someone I knew I could rely on it was my brother, it didn't matter if he was ten. I was the one to calm him down when he threw one of his tantrums. And he was the one who pestered me to walk to Belle's ice cream truck whenever I got upset. My brother and I had a strong bond. But right now...

"Daniel, what did you say to your sister?" Tony inquired, his eyebrows knitted in worry and his lips set in a straight line.

"Nothing." Danny scoffed and my eyebrows rose.