Let's cast Romeo as Romeo

Hola! Cómo estás? Tú estás bien?

Ok anyway hi people! I hope y'all are doing great and if you aren't well then hang in there bud, it's gonna be alright.

I really tried with this chapter guys so I hope y'all like it.

Happy reading!

***

Friday.

It was the day of the ball.

Mom and Dad usually made us skip school on this day so that we could all get ready in time but as a punishment for not playing with Daniel the "whole" afternoon, Mom had made me go to school. I was already planning something for Captain but dang it was hard!... every time I thought of something it just didn't work. I didn't want to actually hurt the guy.

Romeo still hadn't talked to me after yesterday. Instead of being in his usual seat and staring at that white wall he somehow found entertaining, he was sitting at the back with David.

I didn't know what was wrong with him. He shut me out yesterday and that was fine because everyone has one of those moments. It wasn't a big deal. But the fact that he still wasn't talking to me proved that he was ignoring me and I didn't know why.

I had never felt insecure, that was Freya's job. Freya and I balanced each other, while I made her feel as though she had wings, she made me see reality.

Romeo's actions made me question myself. Sometimes I came on too strong, I knew that but I didn't know it would bother him to the point that he wouldn't want to talk to me.

"What's up with him?" Freya asked, glancing at Romeo over her shoulder as she took her usual seat beside me. Romeo was discussing something with David and whatever they were conversing about seemed intense from the frowns on both of their faces. Their hushed whispers ricocheted from the white walls of the room.

"I don't know." I shrugged to Freya.

At this point, I knew I should prepare for the genetics presentation and leave the circulatory one to Jesus!

"Do you think I scared him away?" I asked, uncertainty bathing my face. Freya's eyes went wide and she grabbed my chin to turn my face from side to side, examining it with a tilted head.

"Wait." She whispered in a child-like manner "Did my anxious dark soul finally leave my body and possess you?"

I swatted her hand away from my face, "Shut up, French-fry."

She folded her arms across her chest, turning away from me to comfortably settle in her seat, "At least I'm something people enjoy." She hummed. "Talk to him." She suggested.

"I texted him about the presentation this morning. That's as far as my cooperation goes." I remarked and dismissed the conversation to look out the window on my other side. The weather had drastically changed from the last two days. The sun hid itself behind dark clouds hovering above the town of Williamsdale and the wind had decided to take a long nap. All this was leading to an inevitable downpour which I was impatiently anticipating. I didn't like this weather, it made me feel as though the world had stopped, poised between two dimensions of light and dark. If only it would rain already!

"Earth to Ella." Freya's voice broke through the fort of my thoughts and I finally averted my eyes from the hideous clouds to look at her.

"You're going to the ball, right?" She asked.