Off To First Period

Seth and I have all classes but one together. We heard the bell ring. I got cold so Seth gave me his leather jacket. I looked at him. 

"What... it's not like I need it. Plus, it's the gentleman-like thing to do." Seth said. I nodded in agreement. "Come on. I'll walk you to class." Seth said. 

We got to my class, he opened the door for me and walked me to my seat with his arm around me.

   "Thanks, Seth. I should be good here." I said.

He kissed me.

    "Get to class before you're late," I said.

  He nodded. He kissed my forehead then left. I watched him as he walked in the other direction of my class. I pulled my cell phone out of my bag and clipped it to my boot.

  "Hey, Emma. Happy birthday." Someone said behind me. I frowned. Who all found out it was my birthday today?

"Riley? Happy Birthday!" I said."Thanks" Riley replied.

     "Hey you, with the curly brown hair and the poofy blue dress. " I didn't reply. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" The person behind me grabbed me by the arm, squeezed it, and spun me around so fast I almost fell down. I would have if Riley wasn't behind me. He caught me and wrapped his arm around me for stabilization.

    I looked up at him. "Thank you, Riley," I said.

"No problem. Grab your phone and call Seth." Riley said.

    "Riley? Can you take me to sit down? I'm a bit light-headed now, and my phone is attached to my boot." I said.

"Sure. Come on." Riley said. He leads me to a seat and bent down to grab my phone. "Here," Riley said as he handed it to me.

    "Thank you, Riley," I said.

"No worries. We have a lot to catch up on." He said.

      I pressed the number 3 and held it. I called Seth.

   "Hey, sweetie. What's up?" Seth answered the phone.

"Seth, you need to get down here and help me," I said.

    "Okay. What's going on?" Seth asked.

"I'll tell you when you get here and bring "the group". You'll need their help." I said.

     "Okay. Will do. We'll be there in a minute." Seth said. I hung up and Riley made sure I was okay before he turned back to the guy who did this. "What The Heck Did You Do That For?!" He yelled at the boy. "What is your name?" Riley asked.

    "Leo Uley." The boy said.

"Well Leo, you're in for a little treat," Riley said.

                                                Seth's POV

       I ran into Emma's classroom with the pack right behind me.

"Leo Uley." I heard the boy in the corner said.

       "Well Leo, you're in for a little treat," Riley said as he punched Leo in the face, knocking him out.

    "Jared, Paul, Jake, Jason, Mason, and Logan keep Leo right where he is. I'll deal with him after I figure out what happened. Riley, come with me." I ordered them.

    I ran over to Emma with SJ, Heather, Carlie, Chastity, Leah, Collin, Annisue, Lily, Tim, and Riley following behind him.

    "Emma? Are you okay, love?" I asked. She shook her head and showed us her arms. I gasped.

   "Sis, what happened?!" Embry asked.

    "Leo... he... he grabbed and squeezed her arms and spun her around so fast she would have fallen if I weren't there to catch and stabilize her. I put my arm around her and helped her to a chair. What else was I supposed to do?" Riley asked.

     "Thank you, Riley. For helping Emma when I couldn't." I said. I picked her up and carried her to the nurse's office. Embry and Riley right behind him. She looked at my arms. She touched the bruises on her right arm. She finched. She wound up passing out in my arms. She woke up to the chilled hands of Esme Cullen on her face.

    "Seth. She's coming to." Edward said.

"Seth?" She moaned. "Where... am...I?" She moaned out.

    "Emma? Emma? Can you hear me?" I grabbed her hand. I felt two squeezes. "Yes, she can hear you. And she thinks 'there's no need to yell.'" Edward chuckled.

     "Sis, are you ok? It's me, Riley." She smiled dreamily. Someone's missing. Embry. She thought.

        "Someone's missing. Embry. Where is he?" She moaned as she tried to sit up.

     "Be careful, my love. You passed out in my arms while we were in school. I went to wake you up, but I couldn't. As for Embry... he's on the sofa resting. He had to run with the two of us on his back." I said

"Then how did Riley get here?" I asked.

"Riley? Do you want to tell her what happened or should I?" I said.

     "I'll tell her later. She needs her rest right now." Riley said.

"You're right. She does need to rest." I said.

      "Will y'all stay with me?" Emma asked.

"Of course," Riley said.

        "How is she?" Embry asked as he walked into the room.

   "Resting. What about you?" I said in a small voice.

"Better. Not as tired as I was." Embry said. Emma opened her beautiful blue eyes. She smiled her perfect smile. "Embry!" she said with excitement.

   "Sis! How are you?" Embry asked.

    "Horrible, look," Emma said as she lifted her arms to show her older brother.

    "Emma, that's horrible. Who did this to my baby sister?" Embry asked. She had blue and purple bruises up her arms. She couldn't even touch them without wincing.

        "I think I'm ready to go back to school, Seth," Emma said as she looked at me.

     "Here put these on, they'll hide the bruises, and Happy Birthday, Emma," Carlisle said as he walked into the room and gave Emmabeth blue gloves that went up to her elbow and matched her dress. "Now you are ready to go to school," Carlisle said.

    "Thank you, Carlisle," Emma said.

  "You're Welcome. Now get back to school." Carlisle said.

     "Riley, don't forget to tell her. She needs to know." Edward said.

   "I won't. Don't worry. I'll tell her on our way out the door."

        I helped Emma up and kissed her. I brushed my tongue across her lips and she opened her mouth. Riley and Embry cleared their throats. I broke the kiss and she turned bright red hiding her face in the jacket I gave to her this morning. I chuckled and she giggled.

    "Happy Birthday, Emma," Edward said.

"Thank you, Edward," Emma said.

     "My pleasure," Edward said.