Arc 1. Chapter 4-3

"Hey! You said I could ask for anything!" Lucas complained while I kept hitting him. Honestly! He had to be thirteen years old!

"Ask for something less stupid!"

"What other thing am I supposed to ask for? There's not a lot we can do here in this cell, is there?"

I huffed, putting down the pillow and narrowing my eyes at him. Lucas pouted, glancing away and scratching his head embarrassedly.

"So it wasn't 'anything' after all... ah! Ok, I won't talk anymore! Stop hitting me!"

Really! He was about to die, and that was what he wanted? It wasn't like it bothered me he asked specifically for a kiss. After all, even if in this life I've never kissed anyone, in the past one I did far more than just kissing. It wouldn't be a problem for me... but it was such a stupid request!

Not counting it felt awkward since my mental age went up dramatically after recovering my memories from my past life. Although I was actually only two years younger than him, the truth was, I saw him as a kid.

He would probably cry if he knew what I was thinking.

"Alright, I understand. Sorry for asking something so unreasonable" he sighed and let himself fall on the bed again. I stared at him, noticing the blush staining his face and ears, and wondered if he was being serious. I mean, a kiss was an intimate act. You didn't do it with anybody, though there were people who simply enjoyed kissing way too much. It would cost me nothing to grant his wish, as for me it would be just like kissing a pet or one of my nephews or nieces from my past life. The reason I refused was because I thought it was a request that was out of place, but then again, he was at that age...

I sighed. "Fine, I'll do it. Now sit up so we can be done with it."

Lucas sprung up like an elastic band and looked at me with eyes as wide as saucers and his mouth completely open. I remained calm, holding his gaze until his shock washed away. We had a few hours until they came to pick us up, so I was patient.

Finally, he closed his mouth and exaggeratedly gulped. "Are you sure? When I asked I didn't expect you to actually say yes..."

"If you don't want it, that's fine with me too."

"No, no! I do want it!" he corrected vehemently, moving his hands from side to side and up and down as if making emphasis on how much he wanted it. "But, is it truly alright? It's going to be your first kiss too..."

"It's not my first kiss."

"HUH?!"

How innocent he was. It made me want to keep poking fun at him.

"B-but... you're younger than me..."

"You want that kiss or not?"

He closed his mouth immediately. After that, I sat there, waiting for him to take the first step. I already gave him leeway to do what he wanted, I wasn't going to be the one to kiss him first. If he really wanted it, he should come and get it.

"So... here I come..."

He closed his eyes and came closer. I resisted the urge to sigh. He was going a little off ways since he closed his eyes too early, and was on direct trajectory towards my jaw. And why was he pursing his mouth like that? Was he a fish? Taking pity on him, I straightened his face with my hands and gave him a soft peck on the lips.

Then someone cleared their throat.

I pushed Lucas away with so much force he actually fell from the bed. Feeling my face burning, I looked up just to see the person I wanted to see the less, and witnessing me kissing his younger brother of all things!