Chapter 3

(Adrien's POV)

I ran across rooftops. If I could just keep running I could escape and be free from hell.. I noticed the time "Crap! Patrol!" I mumbled and turned around and headed towards the Eiffel Tower. When I reached the Eiffel Tower, Ladybug was already there waiting for me so we could start patrol. I landed besides her and breathed in and out putting on my best fake smile "You're looking lovely this fine evening M'Lady" I gave her a classic Chat Noir smirk. Ladybug rolled her eyes "Easy kitty cat" She booped my nose "I didn't see anything unusual on my way over here, what about you?" Ladybug turned to face me. "No I didn't see anything.." I replied "I was too busy trying to escape my father.." I mumbled.

(Marinette's POV) 

The evening was fairly quiet, Chat Noir sat on the edge of the Eiffel Tower looking out to the distance. I quietly sat besides him dangling my legs over the edge. I looked over at him. He was looking out into the distance, he looked like he was in pain. What is going on with him?.. I noticed a slight bruise just visible under his mask. I gasped "Chat Noir! What happened?" I asked and reached to touch his bruise. He flinched from the pain and moved away "Nothing Ladybug.. It was from the akuma battle earlier.." He replied, his face looked like there was nothing to worry about but his eyes told another story.. A story of pain.. It looked like they were crying for help.. 

"Don't lie to me kitty, I know you.." I said softly "What really happened? Is someone hurting you?" I asked. There was no answer instead Chat Noir looked back into the distance, he looked like he was about to cry. "You can talk to me chaton.." I assured him. I wrapped my arms around him and tried to give him a hug. I felt his body tense up from my touch but he relaxed and hugged me back wrapping his arms around my waist.

(Adrien's POV)

I tensed up when I felt Ladybug's arms wrap around me, was this what a real hug felt like? It took everything I had to not break down and cry.. I soon relaxed and hugged her back wrapping my arms around her waist. A tear escaped from my eyes and then another. Soon enough I was crying. She was warm and reminded me of my mother. Memories flooded my brain..

Flashback

"Mommy look what I got for you!" A small blonde boy held up a rose and handed it too his mother. "That is so sweet thank you Adrien" A blonde woman took the rose and kissed her son's forehead. The little boy giggled.

"Mommy come play with me"

"Mommy has too go talk to Daddy quickly" The blonde woman said and walked away. Shouting was heard coming from the house. 

"I'm leaving Gabriel I cannot stand living under the same roof as you!" 

"Don't leave Emilie please I will change I promise!"

"Goodbye Gabriel" The woman said and walked out the door. 

"Daddy where is Mommy?" 

"It's your fault she left!" The father shouted at the small boy and smacked him across the cheek.

Flashback over. 

I pulled away from Ladybug's hug "Don't do this you don't mean it!" I said coldly "I'm not your pity pet". Ladybug's eyes widened in shock "That wasn't why I hugged you!" She replied looking like she was about to cry. My heart stung with pain I had made Ladybug cry because of me.. I heard my father's voice echo in my mind worthless excuse of a human. Immediately I started crying again "I-I have to go!" I quickly said and vaulted away. I landed back in my room as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly detransformed. Plagg flew into the cupboard full of camenbert. The door opened and I froze. Father walked into the room his face was full of rage and his eyes looked like they had fire dancing in his cold piercing blue eyes. "Did you sneak out?!" His voice boomed around my room. I trembled with fear but didn't respond. I instantly regretted my decision as He stormed over too me. "DID YOU SNEAK OUT!" He shouted. I nodded knowing it would be worse if I lied. His eyes filled with more anger than they already had.

*Mentions of abuse*

He picked me up by the collar of my shirt and threw me across the room "How dare you disobey me and leave this house!" He shouted. I landed on the ground with a bang, tears streamed down my face. "F-Father I-I'm sorry.." I said tears fell down my face like a waterfall. He ignored me and picked up a belt from on top of my drawers. I trembled with fear "P-Please n-no.." I begged and shuffled into a corner of my room. His lips curled into an evil grin hearing my begs to stop. He raised the belt and it came in contact with my body. I screamed from the pain. Blood stained my t-shirt and more tears steamed down my face. He continued to beat me with the belt occasionally stopping to kick and punch me. Hit after hit.. I screamed from pain every time the belt came in contact with my flesh. 

*Abuse over*

Eventually after what seemed like hours of brutal pain He finally stopped and walked out the room. He stopped in the doorway and turned to face me "Don't ever think of sneaking out again." He said before disappearing back downstairs. I curled up on the floor and cried. Blood stained my shirt. I couldn't move from the pain and fell asleep with tears and blood covering my body.

A/N Ladybug noticed Chat Noir is in pain, what will she do about it? Will open up to her and tell her the truth? Or will he lie?

I hope you liked reading this chapter, it killed me to write this chapter! The next chapter will focus more on Marinette's POV as she tries to figure out what is hurting her crush and partner so much. If there is anything I can do to improve this story or anything you want to see in future chapters, feel free to let me know by leaving a comment. If you liked reading this chapter feel free to leave a vote. Remember if you are suffering with depression or other mental conditions there is always someone to talk to! You are not alone and although things may not seem great at the moment, keep fighting it will get better in time! 

See you next time

-staymagic