Chapter 6

(Marinette POV) 

I glared at the angry crowd. I threw my lucky charm in the air "Happy now!" I shouted. The crowd grumbled and went their separate ways. I quickly readied my yo-yo to swing away when a black cat-like thing flew up too me holding a ring "Ladybug!" The cat cried. "Plagg? What's wrong?" I asked confused. The kwami had a worried expression on his face, my gut feeling from earlier returned. "It's Chat Noir! You need to come quick!" My earrings beeped. I nodded "Follow me" Plagg said and flew away. I swung after him. My gut feeling was getting  worse making my worry increase.

Plagg brought me to a river and I gasped seeing a body in the water. I landed and quickly rushed over dragging the body out of the water. I turned the body over and saw Adrien's face, makeup had rubbed off his face and revealed cuts and bruises. Adrien was Chat Noir?!  The thought ran through my head on repeat. I pressed against his chest trying to wake him up. Tears streamed down my face "Wake up! Wake up you stupid cat!" I sobbed "Don't leave me please!" I continued to press against his chest. Tikki floated next to me a worried look on her face. Plagg sat on Adrien's chest, he looked so upset almost like he would cry. Can kwami's even cry? Tears streamed down my face.

  Suddenly, a splutter of water spurted of of Adrien's mouth. His eyes fluttered open "Adrien?!" I stopped pressing against his chest and looked at him. Tears stained my face. He sat up confused I immediately hugged him. I felt his body tense up. "Don't ever do that again" I whispered. He hugged me back and started crying. We sat like that for a few minutes until he pulled away and wiped his tears away "H-How did you?" He started before Plagg rushed to him and hugged his cheek. "You had me worried sick kid!" He said. Adrien's eyes watered again "S-Sorry Plagg.." Adrien said before his eyes widened. "Marinette do you know I-I'm.." I nodded. "Where's Ladybug?" Adrien looked around. I quickly panicked "Umm she pulled you out but then she was about to detransform so she had to go!" I said quickly. Adrien looked at me for a minute and nodded "Oh.." He mumbled. My heart broke "Adrien.. Can I ask you something..?" I looked at him. He hesitated knowing what I was going to ask. He sighed "Y-Yes.." He didn't look at me. "W-Why did you try to kill yourself?.." I looked at him. He didn't answer.

(Adrien's POV)

A few minutes passed of silence "I-I" I began. Do I tell her the truth? No she may tell the police.. I can't lose my father.. He is the only family I have left.. I still love him even if he hurts me.. "I-I'm useless.. I shouldn't be here.." I replied. Her eyes filled with tears "Of course you should be here Kitty!" Marinette said a tear falling down her cheek. Did she really care about me..? Why? I'm worthless just as Father says.. "Adrien you can talk to me.." Marinette whispered. I breathed in and out. I'm about to tell her the truth.. Or maybe the half truth?.. "M-My Father sometimes beats me.." I mumbled. Her eyes widened in shock "What?!" She shouted. I winced slightly. "He beats you! For how long?!" She asked her. I could tell she was angry. Stupid why did I tell her?! "Adrien?" She asked again "For how long?". I started crying again "S-Since my mother left a few years ago.." I mumbled. Marinette was getting angrier but she tried to calm down "Why didn't you tell anyone?" She asked keeping her voice calm. I fiddled with the ring on my finger "B-Because I was scared.." I replied "You don't understand Marinette! He is the only family I have! I can't lose him.. no matter how bad he treats me.." Tears streamed down my face. She hugged me and I immediately sobbed into her chest. "Y-You can't tell anyone.." I said my voice shaking. Marinette looked at me. "P-Please promise me" I said. She sighed "Adrien I can't promise that.." Marinette said. "Promise me" I said pulling away from the hug "I can't lose him..". Marinette hesitated "Fine, but I want you to come straight to me if he hurts you!" I nodded.

A few minutes passed "I should take you home.." I said and stood up. Marinette stood up and nodded "Remember if he hurts you come straight to me". I nodded "Plagg claws out!" I uttered the detransformation sequence. I picked Marinette up bridal style and carried her back to the bakery. I placed her on the balcony and waved goodbye before heading home.

A/N Marinette knows Adrien's secret as well as him being Chat Noir?! What will happen?

If you liked this chapter feel free to leave a vote. If there is anything I can do to improve this story or if there is anything you want to see feel free to leave a comment below.

See you next time!

-staymagic