Chapter 13

(Adrien POV) 

A few weeks had passed and during that time I had moved into the bakery until I left for college. Tom and Sabine had been really welcoming and understanding about my situation and didn't push me to talk. They did however make sure I built my strength back up. I returned to school a week after my Father's arrest, everyone acted strange around me. I was the boy who was abused by his Father.. Alya, Nino and Marinette helped me through that time. Marinette has been so supportive during all of this, she doesn't push me to talk about what happened and we have become a lot closer. There haven't been any akumas which has been really strange.. So I haven't seem Ladybug since our last akuma attack.. I'm not going to lie I miss her but I am surrounded by people who care about me.. I have begun to go to therapy in hopes to move past everything that happened to me and move on with my life. I was nervous about my first session but Marinette came with me and waited for my session to finish. 

The scars had begun to fade on my body and the bruises still lingered. Some of the worse scars had begun to close up and were slowly scarring. I still had memories and nightmares whenever I tried to sleep but Marinette and Plagg were always there for the bad days. Plagg was loving living at the bakery and got a lot of Camembert each day from Marinette. Sometimes he would disappear for hours on end and I could never figure out where he went?  

The day for my Father's trial finally came, I changed into a suit and left with Marinette and her parents to go to the trial. We waited outside the courtroom, I was beginning to sweat.. I was so nervous and terrified to see my Father again.. Marinette put her hand on my shoulder and smiled softly in my direction. I took a few deep breaths to calm my anxiety. 

The court was brought to session and we walked in and sat down on the benches. The judge walked in and sat in his seat. The guards brought my Father in and he sat down at the desk on the opposite side with his lawyer. I felt the panic begin to rise back up inside of me.. Marinette's hand rested on my shoulder comforting me. I smiled at her and mouthed a thank you. 

My father was wearing a navy black suit and his platinum blonde hair was pulled back in his usual style. His eyes were still an icy blue cold as they always were.. The court began. I could feel my Father glaring at me and I tried my hardest to focus on the prosecution. 

The court ended for a lunch break and I walked outside in the fresh air and took a deep breath. I breathed in and out steadily. Marinette walked up to me "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded "It's hard to listen to them.." I replied. "It must be to hear them talking about your Father like that.." Marinette stood next to me. "I still love him.. No matter what he did to me.." a single tear fell down my cheek. Marinette wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and cried a little. "We should get back" I suggested and pulled away from the hug.

The jury stood up "They jury find Gabriel Agreste guilty of Child Abuse" The judges hammer banged "I sentence Gabriel Agreste to 10 years in prison for child abuse." The judge announced. The guards handcuffed my father and led him out of the courtroom. The room started spinning. It was all over.. for real.. It was finally over.. I was free..