Chapter 7

(Adrien's POV)

I landed through my window and detransformed, I was soaking. I shivered remembering the memories from earlier. I pushed the memories to the back of my mind and walked into the bathroom. I threw my wet clothes into the washing basket and climbed into the shower. I washed the 'lake smell' away. The memories kept pushing to the front of my mind. I couldn't swim, I was drowning. Water filled my lungs.. 

I shook my head gasping, I quickly climbed out of the shower and got changed into my 'usual' outfit. I put the wet towel in the wash and collapsed onto my bed. The memories kept returning, I sighed and tried to concentrate on my homework. The door opened, I stopped what I was doing immediately and looked at the doorway. Natalie was standing in the doorway holding a schedule in her right arm. "I didn't see you come in?" She said. I panicked "I- um came home earlier.. You must've been busy.." I said quickly forming a believable excuse in case she told Father. Natalie didn't respond "Very well, your friend left the work you missed this afternoon." Natalie left the work on the bedside table by my bed and walked away shutting the door behind her. I walked over and picked up the work I had missed. I walked back over to my desk and sighed. I sat down and tried to concentrate on the work. 

A few hours later I finished my school work and sighed. I leaned back in my chair and stood up. I walked over to my bed and collapsed onto the bed. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep. 

I opened my eyes to find Marinette leaning over me, we were on a rooftop surrounded by the glowing lights of Paris.  "Marinette what are we doing here?" I asked looking around confused. "It's your dream silly" She smiled. A crash hit the wall and Marinette turned into my Father. The shards of glass splattered across the floor. I was back in my bedroom "Your worthless!" He shouted and lifted me off the ground by the collar of my t-shirt "No one loves you! Your a burden to everyone!" He threw me down onto the ground. I woke up with a sudden jolt. I sat up immediately panting. Tears started streaming down my face and I sobbed. Plagg woke up and flew over to me "Kid are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine Plagg just a bad dream go back to sleep.." I replied and got out of bed walking to the bathroom. 

I stood over the sink trying to calm myself down. I splashed myself numerous times with water. The dream played on repeat in my head. Everything my 'dream father' told me. 'Your worthless', 'No ones loves you!', 'Your a burden to everyone!'  The voices repeated on a constant basis, going around my head like a broken record that won't stop playing. I opened the drawer beside the sink and saw a pack of razor blades. DO IT! TAKE THE PAIN AWAY! JUST ONE CUT! A voice inside my head screamed at me. My hand moved closer and picked up a razor blade. I moved the blade above my wrist my a millimetre.

*Mentions of self harm* 

I hesitated for a second. ONE CUT TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY! I dragged the blade across my wrist. I gulped swallowing a cry of pain. Tears flowed down my face like a waterfall. I dragged the blade across my wrist another time swallowing a second cry of pain. I dragged the blade across my wrist multiple times until I had six red bloody lines. Blood dripped from my wrist and onto the floor. I smiled a sickly smile, I was in charge if this pain. I was in control and I liked it. "Kid you okay?" Plagg's voice called through the door. 

*Self harm over*

I broke out of the trance, a sudden a wave of regret ran over me. What did I just do? Marinette will be so disappointed. She will hate me.. I quickly put the razor blade back into the drawer and cleaned my wounds. I wrapped them in bandages and put the first aid kit back in the cupboard. I cleaned the blood of the floor and threw the cloth in the washing basket. I rolled my sleeves down hiding the bandage. "Yeah I'm fine Plagg.." I replied. I sighed and looked in the mirror. I turned and opened the bathroom door, I walked out the bathroom and Plagg flew over to me. "Maybe you should tell Marinette what your dream was about?" He asked. I shook my head "I don't want to bother her because I couldn't sleep.." I replied. Plagg sighed "Okay.." He flew back onto my pillow and curled up falling back asleep almost instantly. I looked out the window. I didn't want to bother Marinette with a minor problem like a nightmare.. I wasn't worth it.. '

The sun rose across the horizon and lit up the night sky. Red, Oranges mixed perfectly with the Purple and Blue's of the night sky. I smiled softly at the sunset. I couldn't wait to go to school tomorrow and get out of this house for the day..