Chapter 1

"Quick, the rules." My brother says, drilling me for the 5th time this week.
"No underage drinking or drugs, no telling what my shift is, if someone asks say you're a cat, if someone wants to see, shift into your cat form only, if you meet your soulmate, tell them only once the bond's secured and if someone finds out, tell you immediately and move schools." I respond, annoyed.
My brother, picking up on my annoyance, sighs and massages the bridge of his nose. "You know I only want the best for you, right?" He asks, desperate for my understanding.
I look at him, narrowing my eyes, I haven't trusted him since his mate, Zoe, told me that he's been doing drugs. I just didn't want to lose someone I loved to leave me for the comfort of being high, again, him being the angelic brother he was, understood and gave me space, when in reality, he didn't deserve my shunning of him from my life.
Zoe first thought he was cheating but I assured her he wasn't. If you cheated on or rejected your mate, that was the last mate you'd ever have, before falling into a crippling depression. He wouldn't do that, not to Zoe, not to me. The mate bond was a sacred thing.
"At least let me drop you off" he pleads, desperately.
"Fine," I mutter.
He flashes me a shit eating grin before grabbing his car keys.
"Bye love!" He quickly yells
"Bye!" Zoe responds with record timing
He starts up the car and we're on our way.