F I V E

🌻 Journey Sutton pictured above🌻
Sunlight leaked in through the window that hung above his bed. The sunlight gave the bed a morning glow, bathing it in sweet honey. The sky casted overhead was dipped in orange, the sunrise bathing the landscape in a new light.

Slowly, Heidi's eyes fluttered open, and he shielded his eyes from the blinding sun's golden rays.

Past the fence surrounding the school, streams of sunlight bled, warm light filling the space between the cracks in the concrete. His eyes adjusted to the pale blue sky, and the unmoving white clouds. The sky appeared to be a canvas, with traces of a hazy blue.

He let his wavering gaze travel to the shirtless boy that was sleeping next to him. A shadow was casted on his sleeping body. His steady heartbeat and his slow breathing was heard within the bare walls of Heidi's bedroom clothed in silence.

Sheets of white hugged his waist as he slept peacefully. His long, dark lashes adorned his model like face.

Through the light blue curtains natural light seeped, illuminating the sunkissed face of the green-eyed boy, and his eyes were murky as a result.

A demin jacket was clad on his shoulders, dispersed tattoos inked onto his muscular chest. Strands of chocolate hair fell across his face.

Heidi held his bottom lip between his lips. How is he so damn perfect, he asked himself, subtly admiring every stroke of a paintbrush on the work of art.

You're realize you're staring, right? A voice inside his head taunted him, a mocking tone present. A deep crimson coloring his cheeks, he forced himself to divert his gaze.

Sleepily, he headed to the bathroom, his bare feet padding the carpeted floor.

On the lower bunk, the white sheets were messily thrown onto the bed, the unmade state clawing at Heidi, for he was a self proclaimed neat freak and his roommate was the polar opposite. Jaehyung's dirty laundry littered the floor, even when Heidi left a basket in his closet.

Humming along to the playlist, he let the hot water roll down his back, as he shampooed his brown locks. Ten minutes later, he stepped out of the shower, drying himself off. Hastily, he threw on a pair of ripped jeans, that hung low on his torso, and a long sleeved tshirt.

--------------------------------------------------------

Heidi's gaze travels the length of his arms, his brown orbs narrowing at every scar. Underneath his sleeves of tattoos were several scars. Every time he drew the blade across his skin, as a result of the drugs he consumed, he had another tattoo inked onto his body, a canvas awaiting another stroke of a paint brush.

No one knew of the scars, not even Apollo. Apollo's life was the image of perfection. A framed photo hanging on a wall. His fathers adopted him as a newborn baby. Joseph's best friend from college wasn't ready to be a father and his girlfriend handed him custody, so Apollo was raised in a home, where his lunch was packed every morning and his fathers sat on the couch to watch a movie with him every night, cuddled up in each other.

Heidi wasn't raised at all. His mom came home every night, her eyes clouded over by alcohol and rage. Guilt wasn't present in her eyes when she laid a hand to her son's face. His dad didn't give a shit half of the time and because of the resemblance he shared with Pierce, apart from their eye color, he barely made eye contact with him.

Written across his left forearm were the words, "Being alive isn't living." Pierce, his fraternal twin brother, told him that the night before he drank himself to death. Pierce was his lifeline, his escape route from the absolute shit brought onto him by his parents. He was the captain of the hockey team at his old school, offered various rides to colleges, and had a boyfriend he'd give his life to.

But as soon as his boyfriend passed away from cancer, his brother sunk into a pit of despair, his entire life fading before his eyes. Pierce stopped caring about anything that once brought him joy, he started drinking, and he was went to school wasted as shit on various occasions.

Heidi still remembers those dull, blue eyes, full of so much heartbreaking regret, that caused him to fade from the world completely. After his death, his mom was a different person, that gave Heidi hell to distract herself from the hurt and anger consuming her.

As a result, Heidi headed down the same path his brother traveled. With pools of tears in his eyes, he leaned against the wall, ignoring the blood trailing down his arm.

Heidi was neglected by his father as a child. His father turned a blind eye to the abuse inflicted onto him, leaving Heidi to suffer in silence, using his body to cry out for help. For a while, he assumed anyone who even looked in his vincity was planning on hitting him.

It wasn't until he shielded himself from Apollo that the absuse was called into question. Apollo has never raised his hand to Heidi, but as Apollo stepped closer to him, to examine a bruise on his left eye, he became worried.

Apollo knew Heidi relied on drugs to cope with the memories, but he didn't know what he used to cope with the drugs, the constant guilt and regret he felt from allowing the substances to come in contact with his body. Apollo didn't know of the times Heidi had thought about ending his life, or the one time he attempted it before his aunt had stolen the pills for herself, to ease her own depression.

Heidi didn't think Apollo would understand because the thought never crossed Apollo's mind. The thought of being knocked out by a bottle of whiskey was laughable to him. But to Heidi, it was a burning image in his mind. Apollo hadn't suffered the way Heidi did. Apollo's parents adored him, loved him with every breath, while Heidi's parents preferred his brother rather than him.