S I X T E E N

Pictured above is Jeong's facial expression when someone looks at Journey.
Journey scrubbed the crimson colored stains off the tiled floor of the small bathroom. Between him and Jeong, the two decided they'd clean the bathroom every Saturday.

And as a result, their bathroom happened to be the cleanest at Meadowsville.

With a worn-out washcloth, Jeong washed the shower glass, squirting a bottle of cleaner beforehand. Staring back at him was his reflection. Tired eyes and disheveled, black hair. A white, button up, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, covered his toned chest. Absent from his arms, painted with veins, was his leather jacket he wore. On his scarlet lips smeared a halfhearted smile.

"Jeong," Journey whispered, his voice barely audible. "Why can't you sleep at night?"

"I have insomnia," he replied curtly. Devoid of emotion were his words. Almost as if he wasn't speaking at all.

Once again, the pair was draped in silence, but it wasn't awkward. But instead, the boys were content with the sound of the other's breathing and the scent of cleaning supplies wafting through the stale air. The soft hum of the vent sitting in the corner filled the stillness, while the chilly air nipped at Jeong's exposed arms, decorating faint goosebumps across his skin.

Without warning, Journey flicked on the shower head, drenching Jeong in the lukewarm water. Into his almost black orbs dipped onyx strands, water droplets rolling down his face.

Catching the irritation filling Jeong's irises, Journey backs up, meeting the hard surface of the wall. Jeong cages him in his arms, flustering Journey purposefully. His hot breath fanning his neck, Jeong whispers in a low and dangerous voice, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Ginger."

Gasping, he prompts in a hushed tone. "And why is that?"

"Because," he pauses, his tongue gliding across his lips. "I don't think I'd be able to control myself if you were all wet." Locking gazes with Journey, Jeong casually peels off his button up and nonchalantly returns to scrubbing down the shower. Face flushed, Journey begins to clean the mirror, peering at Jeong through his auburn eyelashes, out of the corner of his eye.

Because he can feel Journey's eyes boring through his head every time his muscles flex, a knowing smirk colors his lips, stained with traces of crimson. The silent reaction written across Journey's face amuses Jeong beyond words.

Reese and Nika were sprawled out on the blanket fort set up on Nika's floor. Reese tried like hell to mask the look of terror on his face. He absolutely hated horror movies because he was paranoid as shit. "Holy fuck," Reese blurted out, the curse words tumbling past his lips. The light above them was flicked off suddenly, leaving them in darkness' embrace.

"You should have seen your face!" Nika burst into a chorus of laughter.

"Asshole!" Reese chucks a pillow at Nika, embarrassment washing over him. Nika catches it easily, however, and flickers of amusement shine in his blue eyes.

Lunging foward, Reese tackles Nika onto the beige carpet, hovering above him with a menacing glare directed at the blonde. The corners of Nika's lips pull up into a smirk at the position him and Reese were in.

Reese straddled his waist, legs hooked on either side of him, while his wrists were pinned above his head. "Fuck you, Nika."

"Judging by the position we're in, Addison." Nika gestured to their bodies. "I wouldn't be surprised if you'd been planning that."

A blush rose to Reese's cheeks, his body heating up in embarrassment, as he realized Nika was right. In fact, his face was mere inches apart from Nika's, their lips almost touching. Hastily, he rolled off of Nika.

On the opposite end of the room Zeus sat, scoffing at their childish behavior. But in reality, Zeus was jealous of the moment shared between the pair and the melodic laugh Reese managed to coax out of Nika. Unbeknownst to Nika, Reese glanced at him multiple times during their marathon, a rosy hue to his cheeks.

In the dimly lit cafeteria, Heidi takes a sheet of freshly baked cookies out of the oven, draped in the warmth of silence, the delicious aroma filling his nostrils.

Heidi moans in satisfaction at the heavenly taste of velvety chocolate on his tongue. Like a puddle, the cookie melts in his mouth. "Can you make a second batch?" Apollo murmurs, his warm breath tickling Heidi's ear.

Heidi gives him a half smile. "Sure." Subconsciously, Heidi's mind steers back to Apollo's lips and how warm they felt against his own. Like silky roses or chocolate syrup. As much as he hated to admit, Heidi desperately craved to taste his soft lips again, to have kisses trailed down his neck, and Apollo's tongue swept across his body.

Oh fuck, don't think about that, Heidi snaps at himself. He forces himself to avoid watching Apollo shove cookies into his mouth, licking the chocolatey taste off his fingers. Fucking hell!

"Fuck, Heidi, can you teach me how to make these?"

Heidi almost snorts. "No offense, Apollo, but you can't cook for shit."

"This isn't cooking," he points out. "This is baking. I'm pretty sure there's a difference."

"Okay. You can't bake for shit."

Apollo gives him a pleading look, his bottom lip jutted out in a mock pout. Heidi crosses his arms over his chest. "That tactic doesn't work on me."

"Come on, Heids, I'll do anything you fucking want."

A groan passed through his lips. "Why do you want me to teach you so bad?"

"Because you love cookies,"Apollo whispered.

Heidi almost melted into a puddle at the heartfelt words. His heart raced in his chest, his palms clammy in the oven mitts, as he grabs the cookies out of the oven. "Okay," he replied.

But what he wanted to say was, Kiss me then, Apollo.

Ignoring his pleading heart, he laid his hands over Apollo's, while he taught him to make the final batch of cookies.