T W E N T Y T W O

Blurring Zeus's vision were salty tears, as a name he tried to forget flashed across his phone screen. A wave of sadness dragged him under when he answered the phone.

"What?" His voice was hoarse, his heartbeat pounding in his chest.

"I just called to check up on my son," he clipped at the dark haired boy on the other side of the phone. "Are you still acting like a sensitive bitch?"

Are you still acting like an asshole? That's what he wanted to snap back at the man who caused him fucking hell. But he held his tongue, for the fear that his step father would find some way to hurt him, that he'd find some way to strangle him with his bare hands.

"No," he choked out. "I'm not acting like a sensitive bitch."

The man sneered menacingly. "I find that hard to believe. You always cried all the time."

Well, maybe that's because you forced yourself on me, you racist bitch. But, hey, I guess sexual assault isn't illegal when you're a middle aged, white man.

In the depths of his mind, the images of his hands on his skin still gnawed at him, clawing at him profusely. He wanted to puke at the sound of his raspy voice. Without seeing his pale, ghostly face, he knew a cruel smirk dangled from his lips. He wanted to scream. He wanted to claw his eyes out with a sharp dagger. He wanted to wake up with fucking amnesia to rid the memories from his mind.

"Why are you calling, John?" His name fell from Zeus's lips like a poisonous venom. "Cause I know it wasn't to check up on me." Zeus clenched his jaw, his tear stained cheeks drenched with the glassy tears that continue to fall from his brown eyes.

"Oh, I didn't have an actual reason to call. I was simply bored of sitting at home. I miss you, you know, Zeus. I miss the conversations we used to have."

Zeus almost scoffed. Conversations, my fucking ass. The last conversation we had ended with you forcing your dick in my mouth.

Silent sobs bubbled up from Zeus's throat as the painful memory struck him, piercing through his skin like a round of bullets. Without warning, he hung up on the man with the dark eyes. His head fell back against the wall, the loud sobs echoing through his bedroom. Even though he wanted to call his older sister, he knew she'd be in class at the university an hour away from his hometown.

"Fuck, Zeus, are you okay?" When Zeus didn't answer, Nika fell to his knees, hugging Zeus to his chest. The brown eyed boy let his tears soak the blonde's shirt. Uneven breaths were pulled from him. Like a raging storm, Zeus poured out his emotions, fingers clenching onto the fabric of Nika's shirt. Wordlessly, Nika held him and refused to loosen his grip, even for a second, for the heartwrenching fear that he might fade from view held him back.

The pain etched onto Zeus's face tore Nika apart, brick by brick, until his wall had fallen at Zeus's feet, the unsteady foundation doing a shit job at supporting him. Nika rubbed his chest in a soothing manner, hoping to ease the other boy's sadness. But in the end, he knew, the memories full of pain clawing at him cannot be erased.

He'd forever be struck with the agony whenever he saw the source that gave it to him. He'd forever be stained with the imprint of his touch, despite how many times he'd try to wash it down the drain. He'd forever be fearful of what others would think of him when they were told about the hell he went through.

Because most weren't as sympathetic when a man was sexually assaulted because they were supposed to hold back their tears and live with the pain written onto their bleeding heart. But how could he live with the pain when the man wormed his way out of the punishment? He forced his way back into Zeus's life.

And every time his skin was grazed by his cold, lifeless eyes, he'd be steered back to the feelings of his hands on him, his hand muffling his screams, while he tried to push him off. He'd be overwhelmed with shame every time he remembered the event because in his mind, he didn't push him hard enough. Because he wasn't strong enough.

So for the last two years, he had built up his strength from spending time at the gym because he was tired of being weak and defenseless.

"It was my step father called," he spoke hoarsely.

"You don't have to tell me, Zeus," he whispered lowly.

"H-he," Zeus paused for a moment to gather the courage to speak again. "He sexually assaulted me two years ago. I can still feel his hands on my body. I can still remember every moment of the event like it's written into my mind in permanent marker, haunting me. No one was home. He made sure no one can hear me. God, I tried so damn hard, trying to wash his hands off my body. Nika, he forced himself into my mouth. I gagged and he said he fucking liked it."

In Nika's blue eyes were pools of anger and his fists were clenched at his sides. He wanted to slaughter the bitch with his bare hands, murder him without hesitation, but because he had to be here for the brown eyed boy, he refrained himself from asking where the piece of shit lived. "Did he ever touch you after that?" Nika spoke in a dangerously low voice.

Zeus shook his head. "No, but he called me to tell me he missed me. Fuck, Nika, what if he comes here?"

Nika's eyes darkened, his jaw locked. "Trust me, Zeus, he won't hurt you again. If it was up to me, he wouldn't have laid a fucking hand on you in the first place. That sick rapist would be behind bars."

Zeus leaned forward, an inch away from Nika's lips. "Do you mind if I kiss you, Nika?"

🥺😭 Fuck, I'm sorry, y'all. But it had to be done. By the way, do y'all see some character development compared to the first chapter? 🤔