Chapter 1

Aaron

Alright... I'm not going to lie. I have absolutely no idea what the actual hell is going on in this class, and I've been in it for the better half of an entire year. The entirety of my junior year has been extremely boring and tedious, with only one thing making it good. You can probably guess it, my job... It's not everyday that a teenager works for an elite group of assassins that even the CIA uses. I mean, most people would consider having a drop dead gorgeous demigod attending your school a good sign, but not for me. Pretty hard to focus on trying to ask out a girl when I'm off breaking into buildings at night only to wake up at 5am to get to school on time.

So you now know why I can't pay attention, I'm much too busy zoning off due to my fucked up sleep schedule. Sometimes, I do end up zoning off in her general direction, but not in a creepy way. She just happened to be sitting in that general area. My grades weren't suffering. Hell, I even earned first in my class. You could say I just didn't enjoy talking to people, well actually that was it exactly. I was the embodiment of a nerd and an average joe put together, absolutely nothing remarkable about me outside of my grades. Plus talking to new people is boring, especially if I never know if they'll be dead soon or not. Yeah, I dress differently than the others, and get made fun of for it more times than I could care to count.

To start with my clothing situation, I wear ripped jeans and I have a chain wallet. My hair's black and spiky, and I wear a white long sleeve shirt with a black t-shirt over it. I keep the sleeves rolled up to expose the watch on my right wrist, along with a purple gem embedded in my right hand. However, because a lot of people would find that abnormal, I wear black fingerless gloves on my hands to cover it up.

Don't ask how the gem got stuck in my hand, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I just woke up one morning and it was there. That's all I know on that stone, no amount of ancient texts revealed anything useful. Getting back on track, I also have a fancy little gadget I made on my right wrist. It's attached to the bottom of my arm and works by channeling the power from the gem to generate what I call a phantom blade. I use it to fight my way out of situations that get a little too hairy for my taste. The concept is similar to a gadget from a video game I played, and somehow I found myself in the same boat. When I'm in school I keep it in my backpack. You can imagine how a teacher would react to finding something like that on my person.

"You alright Aaron?" my friend Liam asked me as he tapped my shoulder. I turned my head to look at him next to me, emerald green eyes moving from the demigods's general location to Liam's face but still not focusing on him. "You've been spacing out this entire class, did you get enough sleep last night?"

"Yeah Liam, I managed to get at least three hours before school," I answered as I picked up my pencil and jotted something down on my notebook before sliding it underneath the desks to him. "I need any and all info on this guy, The Organization's been hounding my ass to get it done."

"At least one of us isn't afraid to get our hands dirty," Liam responded, chuckling as he looked at the note I wrote and discretely pulled out his phone, quickly typing in his passcode and unlocking it. Liam was my best friend and my partner in crime. His hair was dyed white, cut so his bangs covered his right eye at times. He and I dressed similarly, often wearing jeans and a t-shirt. "Whatcha want first: schedule or location?"

"Whatever's going to help me take him out, I'm not picky," I responded as I pulled out my own phone and saw a text from my friend Claire, who coincidentally, was best friends with the demigod. Unlocking my phone, I opened it and read the message.

Alright, so I've been talking to her and she seems to sort of know something about you. Idk what it is necessarily but I'll try and get some more info out of her. You got this! ~Claire