Chapter 19

Aaron

A month later...

Whoever said being a father to a baby girl would be easy, congratulations sir you've just earned a one way ticket to hell and I'll be the one to personally send you there. But in all honesty it's not entirely bad, just absolutely no sleep whatsoever. Maya tells me that she can take care of her in the middle of the night, but I told her that after leaving her for nearly a year I'll handle all the late night stuff. We've all been living in my grandparents mansion, Maya and I having to take a break from school. We're both really smart so we'll be able to catch back up easily, and lucky for us, I have enough money saved up from my early assassin days to support both of us.

Maya's been looking for a house for us to move into, while I've been taking care of our little daughter. When she was born, we decided to call her Astrid. Artemis thought she was the cutest thing ever and I swore I saw her pleading with Scott to give them a baby. I laughed, mostly from sleep deprivation, and Scott just smiled and held his girlfriend close to him. Astrid's a month old, and I swear the fates have it out for me. She's barely been sleeping, and sometimes Maya and I bring her into our bed to help her sleep. Sometimes it works out and other times it really doesn't.

We put her crib next to the bed so Maya could easily reach out and rock her back to sleep after the twentieth time we brought her into our bed. Selena and Kristen worked on a mobile that we hung over her crib, and it was a pretty cute design. It had both Asgardian and Earth elements to it, something that would represent both of us. A lightning bolt for Maya's electric powers, and a small superhero mask for me. Getting back to my daughter, she has Maya's eyes and my hair color. We should all be on the same page now.

I was sitting on my bed holding Astrid in my arms as I heard Maya sleeping, or at least trying to. She rolled over in bed and poked my back, having me turn around and smile at her. She smiled back at me as I slowly laid down and put our daughter in between us. Maya kissed her head and Astrid slowly closed her eyes to go back to sleep. I kissed my daughter, then kissed Maya. She raised her hand to rest on my cheek and I could feel the golden band on her finger, while I was fidgeting with the one on my finger.

We got properly married about two months ago, and Scott was sad when he couldn't be there. But I told him we recorded the whole thing and he perked up, telling me he wanted that footage to find anything and everything to hold over my head for the rest of my life. Artemis merely giggled at this and so did Maya, and I swear I've seen him on his laptop since we brought Astrid home. Sometimes we'll sit with him and watch him editing the footage, adding funny lines and sound effects over it. Astrid would laugh at her Uncle Scott's antics, while I merely rolled my eyes.

I looked back at Maya and saw her eyes closed and fast asleep. I smiled and gently kissed her forehead, kissing Astrid's shortly after. I wrapped an arm over both the most beautiful girls in my life and closed my eyes to try and get some more sleep before tomorrow. Scott had an idea that he wanted all of us to do tomorrow, and it involved a hike in the forest with Astrid. Sometimes I swear he's just bored, especially since we're waiting for the right moment to strike for the mob.

~~~~

Scott

I'm currently sitting in the middle of the forest, training bots surrounding me with their weapons drawn. I slowly drew the katana off my back and looked up at the first bot, sweat dripping off of my forehead. I got into my pose and the computer took it as the starting signal, which meant more fun for me. The bots rushed at me, and I jumped into the air to avoid them. Landing behind them, they turned to me and readied their swords.

I dashed at them, slashing one across the chest and watching it shatter into blue squares which quickly disintegrated. Kristen, Selena, and Steph managed to make hologram technology to produce training bots that would attack us and make the hits feel like they were real. I got distracted and was hit on the back, feeling pain jolt through my body as I staggered forward and got hit in the chest by another one. This time I fell onto the ground and the bots stopped attacking, the program ending.