Chapter 2

Aaron

I saw him raise his fists along with noticing Maya standing in the doorway. Sighing, I ran at Bruce, deciding to catch him off guard. It was during times like these that I'm glad I was forced to take gymnastic lessons when I was younger. Running at him, I jumped in the air and wrapped my legs around his neck, before delivering a strong set of blows to his face. I heard his nose break, and could feel it by the amount of blood on my hands. Jumping off of him, I did a small flip in the air and landed crouched. He stumbled backwards as he put his hand up to his nose, seeing the blood that was coming out.

"You still want more?" I asked as I dashed towards him with speed he wasn't expecting. I delivered a punch to his stomach, then another to his chest, side of the ribs, you name it and I aimed for it. Once he was doubled over I dealt him an uppercut and failed to notice my hand glow a faint shade of purple as I hit him. He flew up into the air and landed on the ground, a smirk coming across my face as I watched Bruce get up and run at me. He threw a punch at me as soon as he recovered, I grabbed it and moved him towards me as I moved to the side. Kicking his stomach, he fell down onto the ground as I was still holding onto his fist. Looking down at him, I lifted his arm up in the air and quickly kicked his elbow. Hearing a loud snap, I dropped his arm, watching for a few moments as it laid there limp and broken. "See ya around dickweed," I told him as I left him, grabbing my backpack and walking towards the English storage building.

The one thing I absolutely did not expect was for her to follow me. I had just broken Bruce's arm and beat his ass in an amazing display that didn't involve me killing him. So why the hell was she following me? I was halfway across campus by now, still keeping track of her as she walked behind me. Noticing the English storage building, ironically located on the other end of where the English and history classrooms were in terms of buildings, I quickened my pace. This was good for my job because I was supposed to be here anyway, which meant for a decent alibi. I don't think anyone is going to look that much into Mr. Brownstone's death since the evidence should be reaching the police sometime today or tomorrow. That is of course, unless Maya tells officials she saw me leaving his classroom with blood on my hand but I'm pretty certain she won't tell anyone.

The one thing I never questioned was how The Organization knew when I had completed an assignment or that I had involved Liam in my information gathering. I looked to my left and saw the bus lane, looked to my right and saw the gymnasium. Next to the gym was the music and arts building, while across from that was the machine shop and wood shop. The school had a giant courtyard that spanned from the front office all the way to the storage shed that the English department used.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, spinning on my heel and catching Maya off guard. I walked up to her and she stayed where she was, both hands clutching at her history book. I guess I scared her, which I didn't want to do but right now I frankly didn't give a shit. "Why are you following me? What makes you think that you won't end up like Mr. Brownstone or Bruce," I asked in a hushed voice.

"I know you won't hurt me," she said, causing me to spin around and just walk towards the building. She still decided to follow me and I had no idea what the hell I was going to do. I could try and scare her away, but then she'd never talk to me again and Claire would murder me. I was at a loss and really wished I had something that could save me from the hell that was going on in my head. "Can we just talk at least?"

"There's nothing to talk about Maya," I told her as I reached the storage building and pulled the key out of my pocket, unlocking the door. I opened it up and turned around, holding the door open with my foot as I pocketed the key and glared at her. "Answer my question first, then maybe I'll consider letting you ask some of your own," I said, a hint of anger in my voice. I really didn't want to do this, but I needed to get rid of her so I could call Liam back. "Why are you following me?" I asked again, more anger this time. It appeared to work since she backed up a bit. "What do you want from me Maya? I have something to do. So either tell me what the hell you want, or go home."