Chapter 20

Aaron

A week later...

We all stood in the grand hall, as all the gods and goddesses talked and argued over what they were going to do. I was leaning against the wall, my costume still on as I watched Selena and Pat walk over to me. Both of them seemed equally annoyed at what was going on. This wasn't their fight, so why the fuck are they trying to help us? I wish they would just leave it alone, because it's already bad enough I sent Scott in by himself. I clenched my fist and slammed it against the stonewall, leaving a crack in the wall from where my robotic hand hit it.

Selena put a hand on my shoulder and I looked at her, seeing the same pained expression that was on both of our minds. I saw Artemis out of the corner of my eye, talking to Hera and trying her best to hold it together. When I heard Scott talk into the radio that day, I knew something bad was happening. I ran over and found his bow on the ground with a lot of blood surrounding the area. Shaking my head to clear the thoughts, I pushed off the wall to walk over to her. Hera looked at me and a small smile appeared on her face.

Artemis sniffled and I held my arms out for a hug, she ran into me and sobbed onto my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and gently rubbed her back, trying to soothe her as best as I could. I saw the others in the room turn and look at us, I glared at all of them and all of them quickly scanned the room trying to find Apollo. If that guy was in here, he's gonna end up getting his ass handed to him.

"Go find Maya and Isabelle," I told her, feeling her shake her head against my shoulder. "You aren't doing yourself any favors by staying here." She lifted her head up and looked at me, her eyes red from crying for so long. "Maya and Isabelle would love to see you, plus Astrid misses her Aunt. Go find them and let me and the rest of my team get him back. I promise you I won't stop until I get him back in your arms, deal?" She nodded and kissed my cheek, mouthing thank you and running off to find my wife. I looked around the room at the other gods and goddesses, Hera walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "You might want to leave the room Hera, things are about to get ugly." She nodded and left the room to go back to her daughter.

Selena and Pat walked up next to me, both of them crossing their arms and giving the others the impression that I was in charge. Also, in case they had to hold me back they could act easily. One of the doors opened and Zach kicked the form of Apollo into the room, he followed in with both his swords drawn. The other gods and goddesses went to act, but Zeus stopped them. "Leave them alone!" he commanded, his voice booming through the hall. "This is not our place to meddle."

Apollo slowly got up onto his knees and I ran up to him, slamming my knee into his jaw. He fell down onto the ground, Selena and Pat ran up to restrain me from officially murdering the guy. He rolled onto his back and Zach put his swords away, stepping back to make sure he didn't move all that much. The other gods and goddesses in the room turned to see me being held back by Selena and Pat. I struggled against them and they eventually decided to let me go, causing me to stumble forward and draw my pistol as I walked over to the god on the floor.

"You sold out my brother you sack of shit!" I yelled as I put a bullet between his legs, causing him to scurry backward. I pulled out a knife and threw it, causing it to land right next to his head. I fired a shot on the other side and he flinched, knowing that I was coming pretty close to killing him myself. "Tell me why you sold him out!" I yelled, grabbing him by the front of his tunic and jamming my gun up underneath his chin.

"He deserves to be killed," Apollo said, a grin appearing on his face. "He is nothing but a monster who deserves to die. He clearly forced my sister to fall in love with him, and it was only a matter of time before she realized the mistake she made." I pulled my gun out from under his chin and planted it in his shoulder blade, pulling the trigger. He screamed in pain and I looked up at Zeus, who was looking at me rather concerned.