Chapter 18

Scott

Two months later...

I sat there on my phone, listening to the sounds of fighting coming from the center of the arena. Two goblins sat behind me, watching over my shoulder as I scrolled through my girlfriend's Twitter feed. Introducing her to Twitter was a really bad idea, and don't even get me started on Instagram. Holy shit if I had a dollar for every picture she posted of us together, I could buy a fucking mansion. And not a tiny one, but a huge one.

"Are you going to help!?" I heard Zach yell as I looked up to see him dodge the club from the cyclops he was fighting. He rolled out of the way as it landed next to him, causing me to get a good glimpse of where we were. I just kinda walked in, took a seat and pulled out my phone to make sure Artemis didn't post anything I didn't want the world to know. We were in an arena modeled after the Roman Colosseum, gray stone instead of the peach sandstone color surrounding us. "Scott!" he yelled again, snapping me out of my trance as I looked at him.

"WHAT?" I yelled back, watching him dodge the club again. This time he jumped back and landed in a crouched position. I saw him glare at me from over the cyclops shoulder and I held up my phone, telling him I was busy. "I can't help you, I have far more important things to do." I looked at my Twitter account and saw that Artemis had more followers than me. "SON. OF. A. BITCH!" I yelled, causing Zach and the cyclops to look in my direction. "ARTEMIS HAS MORE FOLLOWERS THAN ME!!!"

"GET OFF THAT FUCKING APP AND GET DOWN HERE AND HELP ME!!!" Zach roared at the top of his lungs. I could tell that not helping him, especially against a cyclops nonetheless and trust me when I say that they're tough bastards, was really starting to get on his nerves. But he can't blame me for wanting to follow my brother's orders. This also wasn't the first time Aaron told me to follow and not help, but more observe.

"I'm not helping because Aaron told me not to help you!" I told him, before my phone vibrated. I looked down at it and saw that Artemis, or My Goddess as she is on my phone, was calling me. I really should not have had Hephaestus make her a phone, but I mean, it's not all that bad. "Hey honey, what's up?" I answered, seeing Zach give me the middle finger and go back to fighting his cyclops.

"Oh nothing much, just got bored from dealing with my brother. So I snuck off into the woods for some peace and quiet. The animals here are comforting me. Two squirrels decided to reenact an ancient gladiator fight, it was quite amusing. They could work on the plot, but their acting was spot on." I smiled as I listened to her, before I had a quick thought come to my mind. She was probably going to kill me, but I don't really care. "I'm sure you remember the spot where I'm at. It's where we went on our date last week." I blushed at remembering that day.

"After that can they really still call you the goddess of chastity?" I asked, in a joking manner of course. In return I heard her gasp, then she started giggling like a highschool girl talking to the guy she's been in love with for all four years. I sighed a sigh of relief. "I'm really glad you laughed, otherwise I was certain I'd be finding out how long it would take for you to shoot an arrow from there to here."

"Oh my," Artemis giggled over the phone. "Mother almost had a fit when she discovered what we did." I blushed even more at her mother, of all people it had to be her mother like what the fuck universe, finding out about what happened. "She's glad to know that you treated me carefully and made sure I wasn't hurt at all. She really likes you, but Apollo is still wanting to kill you. I guess he doesn't like the fact of you being my lover."

"How about we stick to me being a boyfriend instead of a lover, even though I'm both, but still for my own sanity." I heard her giggle, and I looked back out into the arena to see Zach kill the cyclops. He slashed behind its knee, causing it to fall down. Jumping onto the knee, he pushed off with his foot and ran his blade into the cyclops eye. It pierced through and he used the second blade to stab it in the head. "GO ZACH!"