Chapter 14

Aaron

8 months later...

Pat and I were sitting in my dorm's living room, going over some documents we had found during a mission. We were targeting a member of the mob, and we decided to have some fun with it. We made a game out of gathering the information, and it was starting to keep us sane. Everytime we found something useful, we would punch the other on the shoulder. My arm was hurting from all the information Pat had found, meanwhile he wasn't feeling anything.

I had failed to notice the floating blue haired girl leave my room and lay her head on my lap, laying down on the couch. I ran my hand through her hair, feeling the familiar weight land on my lap. I swear I heard her moan quietly, but I'm just going to pray Pat didn't hear that. I looked at him and caught him raising an eyebrow at me, to which I turned red and diverted my attention to my girlfriend.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked her, watching her close her eyes and clutch at my shirt. I sighed, knowing her nightmares have still been plaguing her. Since the night of my return, and me listening to a different head, the demi-god got pregnant. She'd been having nightmares ever since we found out. "Still having nightmares?" I asked, watching her tear streaked cheeks nod.

She slowly opened her eyes, seeing me smile at her. I picked her up and held her in my arms, her head on my shoulder. Pat looked at us and smiled, holding up a piece of paper. I looked closer and saw the name highlighted, before realizing I knew who that person was. My grip on Maya tightened, and I had to find a way to break it to her that the person close to her was working for the mob. She turned her head in Pat's direction and he turned the paper around, so she couldn't read it.

"I want to see it," she said, sniffling as she held her hand out towards Pat. He pulled the paper back and shook his head. Neither of us wanted her to see it, but I knew who I was going to have a word with tonight. A leg or two may be broken in the process, but it'll be worth it. "I am the daughter of Thor, I can handle whatever it is. I know you two are looking into the mob for the mole. Just tell me."

"Maya, I'm sorry," I said, watching the hurt come over her eyes. I told her everything, and when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING. But this was the one time I had to keep my lips shut. It would destroy her if she found out that one of her friends was the enemy. "I'm not telling you about this, please understand. You would break if you found out who it was." She sighed and closed her eyes, resting her head against my shoulder. It's official, she's mad at me. "Do you want me to call Rose to come get you?" She nodded and I pulled out my phone to text her.

Rose quickly showed up and took her back to the room. I waited for the door to close, before pounding my fist on the wall and allowing a tear to escape my eye. I didn't want her to be mad at me, I wanted to tell her everything. But this plan is so tightly kept, even Selena had trouble telling Liam and Steph. Pat put a hand on my shoulder, and I could tell he was trying to look for the right words to say.

"It's alright," I said, straightening my back and sighing. "She'll get into her bed, realize that it's hard to sleep without me next to her due to her nightmares, and then we'll be back to normal." Pat raised his eyebrow at me. "This isn't the first fight we've had since she became pregnant. We need to end the war, but I can't do that until I know she's safe."

"Is that why you didn't say anything? Because she knows James?" Pat asked, earning a head nod from me. I clenched my fists, realizing that he could be planning something at this very second and his girlfriend was Rose. My eyes went wide, and I dashed out of the room. "Aaron, wait!" He called out after me, but it was too late.

"Maya!" I yelled as I ran down the hall towards the stairs. Someone walked out of their room to tell me to shut up, but quickly met my fist. "Don't get in my way!" I told the man, now laying on the floor holding his nose. "Maya!" I yelled again, throwing open the staircase doorway and running up them to the floor above me.