It's real

America's POV
   It's another day of being a guard on the main floor. I hear Maxon and Kriss again. This isn't good. "I want to break up!" Kriss shouts. "What? Why?" Maxon says. "Because you are so clearly not in love with me, "she says. "Why is that?" Kriss asks. That's weird she just asked that yesterday. "Because," he says. "Maxon answer the dang question, " Kriss yells. "I told you yesterday Kriss!" he says. "Say it again!" Kriss shouts. "Fine. I love America!! I always have. Ever since she walked through those doors. I'm in love with her, " he says. It's true I didn't imagine it yesterday he does love me. "Fine Kriss we are breaking up!" he says. "Thank you, " she says. Maxon walks my way. He turns his head towards me and I continue to stare at the wall behind him. "America?" he says. Shoot. I curtsie and say, "Your Highness."  He looks at my badge. "Is it really you?" he asks. I nod. He stares at my hand that has the engagement ring on it. "You are engaged? " he asks. "Yes, he's happy but I'm not. I'm breaking it off tonight, " I say. "I see, " he says. "You are a guard now, " he says. "Yes, " I say. "How?" he asks. "I was pulled in by the draft. I was in the first draft to include women, " I say. "You should get back to Kriss, " I say. "America, I know you heard our conversation, " Maxon says. I nod. "Officer Singer!" someone yells. "I have to go, Your Highness, " I say and curtsie. "America call me Maxon, " he says. I nod and walk away. "Yes?" I call out. "I need you to guard the Prince's office, " Officer Brandt says. "Yes sir, " I say, and I begin to walk away. "America?" I hear someone say shocked. I whip my head around. It's Kriss. She runs up and hugs me. "I heard you were pulled in by the draft, " she says. I nod. "I have to get back to work, " I say. I walk up to Maxon's office and take my post. Maxon comes out of his office. "Are you following me?" he asks. "No, Officer Brandt assigned me here, " I state. "America?" he says and he grabs my hands. "I'm sorry for ruining both of our lives, " Maxon tells me. "If you had only let me explain that day-" I begin. "I know, " he says.
That night...
"Hey Aspen, " I say. "Hey, " he says. "Aspen we need to talk, " I state. "What is it Mer, " he says. "I want to break up, " I say. "I'm sorry, " I say solemnly. "I understand, " he says. I'm kinda confused by that answer. Maybe he was.planning on breaking up with me. I take off the ring and give it to him. I also take off the gold button and put it in my drawer. I notice that I am still wearing the bracelet that Maxon brought me from Asia. I leave it on.
The next morning...
I am at my post in the main hallway again. The rebel alarm goes off once again. I start running towards the entrance doors when someone grabs me. There is no way that it is a rebel. There weren't any when I looked down the hall. They spin me around to face them. "Maxon I have to-" I start. "No America, please don't, " he says. "I have to Maxon, " I say. "I love you. I haven't ever stopped loving you, " he says. Maxon grabs both of my hands, and he notices that I'm not wearing my engagement ring anymore or my button bracelet. He does see the bracelet from New Asia. " I know you still love me America, " Maxon says. "Maxon-, " I begin. "If you didn't love me you wouldn't still be wearing the bracelet I gave you, " he says. I hear screams. "I need to get you to the safe room, " I say. I put my hand on his back and start running to the safe room with him right as a rebel comes up behind us.

Cliff hanger! Continue reading to find out what happens!