Dear

We are almost to one of the big safe room entrances when a rebel comes up behind us. He shoots me in the back. I turn around and shoot him. Maxon whips his head around. I continue to get Maxon to the safe room. Once we get to one of the rooms where there is an entrance I fall forward. "America!" Maxon exclaims. He kneels beside me. "What's wrong?" he asks. He pulls my upper body up as he puts his hand on my back. Then he takes it away. It's covered in blood. "You were shot, weren't you? By that rebel, " he says. I nod. "Maxon promise me something, " I say. He nods. "Go to the safe room now, " I say. He nods and picks me up he runs into the entrance to the safe room. He's carrying me bridal style and my head is hanging back. "Stay with me America, " he says almost like a plea. He gets to the safe room and he sets me down on a bed. He also gets a doctor. "MAXON!" King Clarkson fumes. "WHY IS SHE HERE, " he yells at his son. "Dad she's hurt, " Maxon says. "Why is she in the palace!!" King Clarkson yells. "She is a royal guard, " Maxon says irritated. A doctor comes over to help me. "Let me ask you something, father. Why was I not consulted about drafting women as well as men!" Maxon yells. "Is she the reason you broke up with Kriss?" King Clarkson fires back. "KRISS AND I DIDN'T LOVE EACH OTHER!! I HAVE NOT EVER STOPPED LOVING AMERICA!!" Maxon screams. "YOU ARE IDIOTIC!" King Clarkson yells. "No dad you are. You chose the woman you love. Now let me choose mine, " Maxon replies. I can feel the darkness surrounding me. "She's fading!" the doctor says to a nurse. The doctor yells, "Clear, " and sends something like electricity through my body. The darkness subsides. They fix my bullet wound. I had to take off my guard jacket and my tank top but I luckily got to leave my sports bra on that is kinda like a bikini top. "Maxon don't you see she is also idiotic. She got herself shot!" King Clarkson yells. "ON THE CONTRARY, SHE SAVED ME. THAT BULLET WOULD HAVE BEEN IN MY BACK IF IT WEREN'T IN HER'S!! SHE GOT SHOT ABOUT 10 MINUTES BEFORE WE GOT TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE SAFE ROOM. SHE OPENED THE DOOR FOR ME AND THEN COLLAPSED. SHE MADE ME PROMISE TO GO IN THE SAFE ROOM SO I TOOK HER WITH ME!!!" Maxon screams. I sit up and put my legs over the edge of the bed. "IS THIS TRUE!!" King Clarkson yells at me. "DO NOT YELL AT HER!" Maxon screams at his father. "Is it true?" King Clarkson says fuming. I give the smallest of nods. He walks over and puts his hand out to help me stand I guess. I grab his hand and he helps me up and then pushes me onto the floor. I whimper. Queen Amberly rushes to my side. Maxon screams at his dad, "what was that for!!" The king and Maxon bicker back and forth and then Maxon comes over. Queen Amberly and Maxon help me up and onto the bed. I cross my legs sit up and rest my weight on my arms. "Are you okay America?" Maxon asks. "Yes I'm just glad you are okay, " I say with a smile. He sits on the edge of the bed. "You should really get some sleep, " he says. "I am fine Maxon, " I say. "Ok my dear, " he says. "I am not your dear, " I say. My tank top and this guard jacket are both soaked in blood so a few hours later when the rebels are gone I take it to the girl's guard room. And I wash them out until they are completely clean of any blood. Today is Saturday so that means all of the male guards are going running around the castle grounds. The women are allowed to but they choose not to. I on the other hand do go. Luckily I have my sports work out bra on (that looks just like a swimsuit top) and my same uniform pants and boots. I now have solid six-pack abs that are the only part of me that is super noticeable muscular. I mean I have lines in my arms and legs but I look a lot weaker than I actually am. So we go running around the palace grounds and I see a bunch of maids starting at the guys (after all they are shirtless lol) then I see a few butlers staring at me. When we get a bit farther in our run I see Maxon staring at me. He smiles. I love him but I don't know if I can be with him. When our run is over I walk inside with my water bottle and I accidentally run into Maxon. "Oh I am so sorry Maxon, " I apologize. "No worries. How is your wound and all?" he asks. "It still stings but ill be fine, " I say. "Ok, " he says.