The Transfer Student

Chapter 1

It was 8am on a Monday morning, the bell for class had just rang. All the students of class 1-A were sitting at their desks waiting for their professor to arrive.

It had been 5 weeks since the new school year had begun. Only 5 weeks since our 1st year students had joined their new school and new class, the heroic course.

None of the students knew each other well enough yet to call each other their friends. Though they were no longer strangers to one and another. They had already had to team up, work together and fight each other. They knew who was more talented at what and the personalities of each individual.

The class had started to pick up a routine and begun to grow comfortable. Though that wasn't going to last.

The classroom door flung open as M. Aizawa walked in. He had his normal poker face on as he stood in front of the classroom.

"I have some news for you," he started his speech not waiting for anyone's attention, he expected them to listen. "We have a transfer student joining the class today,"

The classroom quickly became disrupted again as whispers and giggles traveled through the classroom.

"It's a rather particular situation, though U.A has made an exception considering that this student was already in a heroic course when they lived in Canada. So," again he didn't wait for silence he expected it, "the classroom will be adding another table which will be placed behind Momo yaoyorozu,"

Excitement definitely filled the classroom, though everyone's anticipation to meet the new student would have to wait because according to M. Aizawa's speech, the student would only be joining the class that afternoon during training.

“I hope it’s a girl,” Mineta drooled over his plate as the other students stared at him in disgust,

“who cares if it’s a girl! I just hope they’re cool and fun to hang around,” Kirishima added,

“why?” scoffed Bakugou, “don’t you have enough annoying friends?”

Throughout the whole lunch break none of the students in 1-A could hide their curiosity, even Bakugou listened to the hypotheses his classmates were making.

The second bell had rang, class 1-A were currently changing into their heroic costumes when M. Aizawa entered the boys changing room. “Midoriya,” he called out,

“yes Sensei?” Midoriya answered from afar,

“don’t bother changing, you’re not participating today, your arm is still not fully recovered and I’m tired of sending you to recovery girl,”

“Ha!” mocked Bakugou, “that’s what happens Deku, sit on the sidelines, you’ll do us all a favor,”

Midoriya sighed as he put his costume back before picking up his belongings and leaving the changing room. M. Aizawa was probably right it was better if he sat this one out.

Of course Midoriya should have been the first one out, but surprisingly when he stepped outside their was already a student on the training grounds. Though he didn’t recognize them, no one in his class had strawberry blonde hair and tied them in double buns. Than he remembered the transfer student.

As he begun to walk towards the new comer to say hi, he was stopped in his tracks by All Might. “All Might!” he stuttered surprised to see his mentor, “you aren’t suppose to be here today we don’t have class with you,”

“I know my boy! I was asked to show the school grounds to your new classmate,” He smiled, “Quite a nice girl, a little cold though, literally,” he laughed a little nervously it seemed, “Midoriya there’s also something I need to ask of you,” he scanned their environment to be sure no one could listen and lowered himself to Midoriya’s height.

Midoriya froze at All Might’s demand, “What? Why?”

Students started to exit the changing rooms, “I can’t explain now,” All might added before standing up again silencing any further questions Midoriya wanted to ask.

When the girls laid eyes on their new classmate they quickly ran towards her. The new student gave them a small awkward smile but no words left her mouth. She seemed uncomfortable being surrounded by so many people.

“Alright enough,” M. Aizawa pulled all the attention towards his voice, “you have class, you’ll get to know her later, not during my class,” The girls seemed upset but obeyed, “today you’ll be pairing in groups of three, that I’ve already formed so don’t get excited. The goal is to learn to fight against a group of attackers, so, in turns you’ll be fighting two against one,”

“Sensei! Sensei!” Mineta raised his hand, “Who is the new student with?”

“No one,” M. Aizawa answered, “Her goal today is to simply understand how our school works, not to fight,”

“Isn’t that a little unfair?” complained Mineta, “I mean that gives her the chance to learn about our Quirks without having to show hers,”

“There’s nothing unfair about it, she’s known what your quirks were the second you laid your eyes on her,”