Lunch Talk

Chapter 17

“I wonder who will teach M. Aizawa Sensei’s class?” Mina whispered to Kaminari,

She wasn’t very discrete but she wasn’t the only one wondering. Since Tuesday, M. Aizawa had been in the hospital, after the attack on them at the USJ. Up until today, the last day of the week, his classes had been canceled.

So when class 1-A was told to arrive at 8am today, they were surprised, considering it was normally M. Aizawa’s hour to teach.

“There’s no need to wonder, we’ll soon find out,” Iida exclaimed from the front of the class, “Now, please, take your seats,”

The bell soon rang after everyone took their designated seats, for some reason everyone was enthusiastic to meet a new teacher. Except when the door swung open and a bandaged M. Aizawa walked in, they were beyond shocked.

“Sensei!?” called out the students, “How did you manage to leave the hospital, clearly they didn’t let you out!” Mina cried, “not in such a state!”

“I’m glad to see you’re doing better Sensei,” Asui tried to compliment but everyone just stared at her. Better? They thought, how could she say that while he was still wrapped in bandages from head to toes.

“Enough, quiet down!” M. Aizawa barely moved but it was enough for the class to hear him, “I have much more important things to tell you,”

“Oh no!” the class thought, “what was it?”

“Not another test!” groaned Kirishima,

“Please let it be a normal school activity,” Mina and Kaminari cried to themselves,

“The U.A Tournament,” The class sighed with relief and than cheered with excitement. “Settle down,” M. Aizawa implored, “The Tournament is next Friday, so you have exactly one week to prepare for it,”

“Only 1 week!” the students shrieked,

“Yes, one week! It’s an occasion for you to show your worth to Pro Heroes, so don’t waste it.” his eyes scanned the room, “I’m expecting you’re all familiar with the U.A Tournament but just in case, let me briefly explain. There will be three rounds, the last round are duels, the two first rounds will be chosen the same day as the Tournament, they are eliminatory rounds, so you must be prepared to lose. Though I expect from you all to be qualified for at least the second round,”

The room was silent everyone was either, nervous, excited or completely shocked by the news. “I must warn you,” M. Aizawa continued, “The U.A Tournament is also an occasion for other students within U.A to demonstrate their Quirks, it’s a chance for them to win a place within the Heroic classes and therefore, you could lose yours,” The number of students stressed had just increased, “Let’s begin class,”

No one really paid attention to M. Aizawa’s class after that, some were to busy talking about their up coming week and how they would prepare. Others talked strategy, while some muttered to themselves, mostly Midoriya did that.

“Alright, class is over, have a good weekend and Izuku, Atsuko come and see me in the hallway,”

The two looked at each other in confusion hoping the other had the answer to their question. They left their seats and followed M. Aizawa into the corridor. “Is there something wrong Sensei?” Midoriya asked the second the classroom door was shut behind them.

“Not at all, not with me at least, All Might has just asked to see you two together, so when you get the chance head down to his office,”

The two looked at each other and instinctively knew what the other thought, “Not right now!” apparently M. Aizawa also knew what they were thinking, “You have class just go down there during lunch break, a little patience no?”