The Tournament Begins

Chapter 20

Class 1-A were called into the arena, the crowd roared and cheered as the students came into sight. Class 1-B followed, along with every other student from the different courses of U.A.

“And Now!” Midnight was standing on the podium, “Our first year’s representative shall give a speech,”

Bakugou walked up to the podium, “He’s our representative?” Midoriya seemed confused,

“Well,” Iida answered, “he did get top marks on the entrance exam,”

Bakugou stood in front of the microphone, his hands in his pockets, “I will be,” he smirked, “Number 1”

“How dare he!” everyone simultaneously thought, except class 1-A that didn’t execpt anything better.

“Do you have to embarrass us!” Iida cried

“Oh boy,” Atsuko sighed, “Today was going to be long,”

The board span and the first of the three tasks had been announced, obstacle race.

A large red gate lit up along with three green lights, the race was about to begin, U.A didn’t lose a single second, everything went so quickly.

The first green light faded, than the second and before the students were fully prepared the race had begun. Everyone charged towards the exit, the walls were huge and the corridor extremely large and yet everyone was cramped and pushed one against the other.

“The race,” both Todoroki and Atsuko hushed to themselves, “Starts now!”

There wasn’t a second to lose, Atsuko used the small amount of air there was within the corridor to push the students around her away, to give her just enough space to jump. From there the crowd of people within the corridor was useful as she walked over them, hearing them all complain.

Than out of nowhere the whole corridor was frozen, along with the students inside. Todoroki was the first to exit the corridor, “Nice try!” Atsuko scoffed as she arrived right behind him along with a handful of the other 1-A students.

“You’re not going to get rid of us that easily!” Bakugou roared,

Eventually a lot more students managed to escape Todoroki’s ice but he had already arrived at the first obstacle, the robots from the entry exam. Though he had never seen them before, it hadn’t even given him a single second of difficulty, he froze the robot standing in his way and quickly moved on to the second obstacle. “Incredible!” Present Mic encouraged,

“This!” Atsuko stared at the large green robots, “Is what you guys had to face?”

“You already knew that Kimoi! With your weird Quirk!” Bakugou growled,

“I know! Am I not allowed to pretend you Baka!”

“What did you just call me!”

“Guys!” Midoriya cried as the robot Todoroki had just frozen came crashing down on them.

But there wasn’t any impact on the ground, “I’d stay and talk,” Atsuko smirked at Bakugou, “But I have to beat your ass!”

“She’s holding that robot above her head and above the ground!” screamed Present Mic, “How impressive and with only one arm!”

But she didn’t hold it for much longer, instead she through the robot in front of the other students, purposely blocking the field for them allowing herself to gain time. “Bye!” She waved at Bakugou mocking him before the dust and wind from the fall of the robot blocked everyone’s sight as Atsuko begun to make her way to the second obstacle catching up with Todoroki.