School Trip

Chapter 10

The new school week at U.A high school had started off rather intense.

The morning had gone just fine, but lunchtime had been an overwhelming experience.

Atsuko had visited and eaten at the school cafeteria for the first time after receiving an invitation by Midoriya and Todoroki to eat with them.

The three of them along with Iida and Ochako sat down at one of the tables peacefully chatting.

It was an extremely pleasant experience for Atsuko, she was surprised to see that Iida and Ochako were actually engaging in a conversation with her, though they had never officially talked before. It was calm until the school’s alarm had went off.

Everyone within the cafeteria began to panic, it was complete chaos as they all began charging towards the doors, trying to escape. Had Iida not paid attention to what was really happening and stood up in front of the whole school to explain, the students would properly have continued to panic.

So lunch was a tiring experience, but the day was far from over. As the bell rang and students returned to class. M. Aizawa entered classroom 1-A, announcing a small school trip for that afternoon.

All the students roared with joy and excitement as they exited the classroom making their way outside to get on the bus that was waiting for them.

Iida shouted to his classmates to get in line, over excited, as per usual, Atsuko thought to herself. She may have only been here for a week but she had already picked up on the different types of personalities of her classmates.

Everyone eventually got in the bus and sat down, the front of the bus was already full when Atsuko finally made it on so she walked to the back, “hmm Todoroki?” she asked gently, the man had already closed his eyes prepared to fall asleep, was he always tired?

Todoroki opened one eye and looked at Atsuko, “Can I sit here?” she pointed towards the sit next to him, waiting for him to respond. He shifted a little closer to the window to give her more space and nodded his head as to say yes while closing his eye once again.

Once everyone had found a seat, the bus started it’s route. The students were laughing as they chatted among themselves discussing what they did over the weekend.

The back of the bus compared to the front was rather quiet. Todoroki slept peacefully, Bakugou stared out the window, Jirou was texting on her phone and Iida appeared to be sulking over the fact that the seats weren't situated how he thought they would be.

Atsuko had closed her eyes too along with Todoroki though she wasn’t trying to sleep, she was simply  meditating again, just like she got the chance.

Her surroundings felt quiet as her ears blocked out the noise, but the bus became loud again when she heard someone speak Midoriya’s name. “On the subject of Quirks Midoriya,” Asui began, “Your Quirk is rather similar to All Might’s,”

“What? No! That’s ridiculous,” Midoriya stuttered, he was not at all convincing,

So Atsuko opted to give a helping hand, “He’s right, that’s ridiculous, since when does All Might break his arms on a daily basis?”

“I guess,” Asui muttered,

“Saying “smash” doesn’t make their Quirks similar, that just makes Midoriya a nerd, besides, Super-strength is a common Quirk. It’s Midoriya’s imitation that makes their Quirks seem similar,”

“Wow, harsh,” Kirishima coughed, he wasn’t wrong. Atsuko had been harsh, but at the same time it was needed to divert the attention of off Midoriya, she just hoped he understood.

“What about you Atsuko?” Asui added,

“what?” she frowned, what was she going to ask,

“Todoroki and you?” she started, “Todoroki!” she called louder to wake him, he shifted in his seat and opened his eyes, “you both have mixed Quirks you’re the only two people I know that have that, how so?”

“That’s true,” Mina added, “I’m curious are you guys like laboratory experiments sent to analyze human behavior?”

“What?” Atsuko was confused,

“Don’t listen to them,” Todoroki muttered as he closed his eyes again, “we live in different worlds,”

“Aha!” Mina roared, “so you’re admitting it,”

“I’m pretty sure he meant that you’re weird Mina,” Momo corrected her statement,

“Oh,” Mina sighed

The conversation ended and the students stayed silent until the bus came to a stop. Everyone looked out the window and saw a large round glass building.

“Welcome to USJ,” M. Aizawa called out to his students, “Off the bus, thirteen is waiting for us,”

A few of the students gasped at the sight of thirteen, “I can’t believe we get to meet Thirteen!” Ochako nudged Atsuko in excitement,

“You a fan of them?” Atsuko asked,

“Yes a huge fan!” She squeaked,

“I am glad to meet you all and present to you the Unforeseen Simulation joint, better known as the USJ. It’s purpose is to train you students for disaster rescues, within the USJ there are different areas, designed to experience different types of rescue, just to mention a few of the zones we have here. There are the ruins, landslides, mountains floods and many more,”

The whole class’s attention was on Thirteen until something particular started to form in the central area of the USJ. Some students thought it was part of their training today but the teachers directly knew that it wasn’t, M. Aizawa pulled on his scarf as concern filled his expression “Thirteen, get the students to the door! Now!”