t w e n t y - f o u r

"So, how do you want to handle this?" Corbyn asked, leaning against the counter of a Starbucks as they waited for their drinks.

"I don't think that matters right now?" Jonah directed his eyes toward the table the rest of their group, Amaya and Daniel included, were sitting at. It'd been ridiculously hard to find any time to talk alone, as they were constantly together now. The last few tour stops were back to back, meaning they travelled every waking moment they weren't performing. This was the first time they'd be staying in one spot in a week. Jonah didn't know if he was relieved or not, honestly.

"C'mon, you've got to talk to them about it. She's your girlfriend, he's one of your best friends-"

"He's her best friend. Mary Kate texted me the other day to check in because Amaya hasn't spoken to her in ages. I'm telling you right now, they'll cover it up if they are hooking up."

"Not if you catch them off guard," the blond countered. "They'll slip away or slip up eventually, and then you'll have your proof. You can confront them."

"I... guess." Jonah sighed, glancing back at the table, where the group was laughing. He suddenly didn't feel much like he fit there. Luckily, he couldn't dwell on the thought for long because their drinks were ready, and the two of them took the massive order over to the table.

"Babe, come sit next to me!" Amaya chirped, grinning at him. A light shined in her eyes that wasn't usually there, and Jonah was unsettled by it. It was the light she'd had when they first started dating. Now, he could see that some of the fans' concerns had credence.

"Actually, I need to talk to him, so I'm gonna keep him over here." Corbyn was quick to step in, and Amaya nodded, turning her smile on him. They were wonderful friends, so she had no reason to doubt him.

"Alright. Hey, Jack, aren't you supposed to be calling Gabbie soon?"

"Yeah, yeah! Whenever she gets Lav down for a nap. You want me to tell you when she calls?"

"Please!" She nodded enthusiastically, and Jack grinned at her, then at Jonah, who he expected to be smiling over at Amaya. Instead, he caught Jonah looking on blankly, and Daniel looking on with love.

Ah, fuck. Family dinner just got a lot more complicated.

amayablinn: he loves me 🥰

[ tagged: imzachherron ]

liked by whydontwemusic, marykatelin, jonahmarais, and 30,404 others

user: this friendship >>>

usera: 🥺🥺🥺

userb: god i'd die for you two

userc: this is the ONLY friendship
amayablinn: userc and that's on periodt 😗

userd: y'all CUTE

imzachherron: best friend ig?

[ tagged: amayablinn ]

liked by beamiller, kayxcook, gabbiegonzalez, and 700,392 others

usere: y'all blessing my feed today huh

userf: who took this 🤔🤔
amayablinn: userf daniel!

userg: 😍😍😍

userh: thisssss