flashbacks|3

𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕩𝕒 𝕡𝕠𝕧

Katie was quiet on the ride home. This must be so hard for her. Spencer came up to me.

"Lex, you might wanna check up on Katie" he said.

"Uhh not right now, she's clearly in denial and till she realizes how she feels, I should give her some space." I replied. He nodded. "I'm gonna go get Bernard for her" I added.

𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕧

I don't know what to say other than that I did not expect that. I mean I didn't expect to meet Aiden again, much less his new girlfriend. For some reason, the fact that he has a girlfriend now, really bothers me. Alexa got me Bernard, that lil' bunny. Heh.

I started having flashbacks from when I met Aiden.

𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕩𝕒 𝕡𝕠𝕧

I walked into the tree house to give her a blanket. She didn't see me walk in. She was sitting in one corner holding Bernard, in tears.

"Katie" I called out to her. "Katiee" she couldn't hear me.  I don't think she realized she was crying. I put my hand on her shoulder a beside her. She turned towards me. "Oh Katiee" I put my arm around her and we snuggled under the blanket. I could tell she was having flashbacks.

"Hey, hey. It's ok" I said to her. She hugged me and nodded.

"I thought I moved on, but I haven't...I still love him" she said.

"Katie, it's ok. You had to go to college, it's not your fault that you aren't together now." I wiped her tears and she put her head on my shoulder. "And I don't think I should say this, but his girlfriend is a bitch. And she's not your competition. If he can't realize that you're so much better than her, then it's his loss. Okay? You'll be fine, I'm here for you" I continued. She smiled, by the looks of it, we were gonna pull and all-nighter.

 She smiled, by the looks of it, we were gonna pull and all-nighter