cold feet|18

𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕧

"She's gone isn't she?" he asked. I nodded my head. The elevator finally came and we hurried down to the lobby and then to the parking lot. Her car was gone.

This can't be happening. Her wedding's in 3 days. 3 frickin' days. And this is how much Aiden and I are freaking out. How will we tell Lori? Or even Spencer? For that matter. "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING" I said to Aiden, I couldn't hold my thoughts in anymore. "THIS FRICKIN' CAN'T BE HAPPENING. SHE HAD THE PERFECT GODDAMN WEDDING. PERFECT EVERYTHING. AND THEN TURNS OUT IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN AFTER ALL." I broke out into a sob, "Everything was perfect, a perfect wedding, a perfect life. And now she's gone" I heaved.

Aiden put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into his arms. "We'll find her, everything's gonna be ok" he whispered. I wiped my tears, and said - "It's not my wedding, and this is how I'm feeling. How are we gonna tell Spencer? He's gonna be devastated. More than that, Lori."

"We won't tell them"

"I'm pretty sure they're gonna realize something's up when we all don't show up to any of the dress rehearsals and shit"

"We can just text Spence that we've planned a surprise"

"Let's goddamn hope it works"

We went up to Lex's room and tried finding any clues. Her dress was there, I tried finding her phone or something. A note, a clue, anything. I looked through her room, searching the bed, the cupboards. First glance, she definitely ran out in a rush, leaving drawers open with clothes hanging out the edges. And a bag missing. Probably one with her supplies.

I was so frazzled looking through all the really good hiding spots, I missed the one right ahead of me. Right on the chest of drawers, there was one piece of paper. One simple little chit. One word - 'Perfect'. Perfect, perfect, perfect. What did that mean? Was it an anagram? Or an acronym? Or an inside joke? What the hell did Perfect mean?

Aiden walked into the room. "Found anything yet?" he asked me.

"Nothing...except for this" I said, showing him the piece of paper.

"Perfect" he said out aloud.

"What does it mean? I mean it could be anything. Like an acronym, or an anagram. An inside joke, maybe?"

"Hmm"

"I mean she had this goddamn perfect wedding, with the man she loved. And nothing was goddamn wrong. They had the perfect wedding planned, a start for a perfect life" he didn't say anything. He just looked at me, as if I'd been missing something so obvious.

"Ah, I hear it now. This is what she meant, by perfect"

"And as well as I know her - I maybe wrong - but she never wanted a perfect life, a perfect wedding"

"Cuz perfect, meant normal"

"And she freaked out"

"Not cuz she was having cold feet about marrying Spencer"

"Cuz she was having cold feet about the perfect life she was marrying him into" now it's like we're completing each-others sentences. We'd finally figured something out. Finally we had hope, to get her back, before the wedding. But then, the lame-ass, cringe boyfriend - Ryan walks in.

"Oh my god!" he says walking into the room. "What the hell are you guys doing in here?! Katie are you cheating on me? I knew you were cheating on me. I knew there was something going on between both of you. Now I know it's true!" he yelled at us.

"Ryan, Ryan" I tried talking to him as he walked away.

"RYAN" Aiden yelled. He finally stopped walking.

"There's nothing going on between us" I said.

"But then what are you doing in the middle of the night, alone, in this room"

"It's Alexa's room"

"Then where is she?"

"Ryan, you better not tell this to anyone but-"

"But what?" he interrupted me.

"Alexa's gone" Aiden said.

"WHAT?! Isn't her wedding like in 3 days? Have you told Lori? Or her fiance"

"No, you can't tell them" Aiden covered for me.

"But why?" Ryan asked.

"If we're freaking out this much, think about the impact it'll have on Spencer and Lori" I said.

"I don't like this" Ryan added.

"See we just need you to stay shut, till we figure out where she is" Aiden said.

"What did you just say to me?!" he said to Aiden, challengingly.

"I said that you need to shut up till we figure shit out" Aiden said.

"Firstly, you don't get to speak to me like that. Katie, tell him he shouldn't speak that way to your boyfriend" I remained silent. "Secondly" Ryan continued, "Alexa isn't shit and thirdly, I ain't doing shit for you. Cuz who are you? My girlfriend's friend? Huh? Well I'm not taking orders from you" he said, inching closer to Aiden, pushing him from his chest.

"Oh no you didn't" he said. And the next thing I knew, Ryan punched Aiden and he refrained from beating the shit outta Ryan's weak-ass, but Ryan just pushed him over the edge. I had to stop it, cuz one punch from Aiden, and this would all be over before it even started. And the next day, I'd have to deal with Ryan's tantrums.

"GUYS, STOP!" I yelled at them. "This is about Alexa, not you"

"You're right, you're right" Ryan said, acting like a pet, ugh. Aiden just nodded.

"But I'm not gonna let this happen" Ryan said. I exhaled.

"Ryan, please. Just go" I said. He looked disappointed. He walked away slowly. I couldn't deal with him right now, telling us what was wrong and right. It was just annoying. And it would ruin their wedding. I turned back to Aiden, and said - "We know why she left, but where did she go?"

"We should split up. You should go back and find her near your homes, and I'll look for her around here" I nodded.

"Ok, let's grab some stuff and then we'll head out"

*30 mins later*

I was sitting in my car, alone. I drove as fast as I could. The drive back was at least 2 hours. And to check all the places, would take me at least another 2 hours. It was 12:30 when I'd left. I had to be back by 6:30 and not a minute later.

Once I reached, the first place I checked was our homes. I ran up and down the steps. Uff obviously she wasn't here. I climbed out into out the tree house. She wasn't there, but there was a blanket there and some food. She'd been here. I rushed out and checked Wired. Shoot, it was closed. I had to climb up a ladder and on to the roof. From there then down, and into the washroom.

Goddammit, she wasn't there either. Where else could she be??? Ahh! I ran to our school, I checked the hallways, our old classrooms, the field. Even the bleachers. I was so tired, I couldn't help but sit down on the bleachers for a breath. That's when it struck me.

I drove like crazy, outside the city on the highway. She was up there. Wow, of all the places, the Wellard sign we're changed. Alexa + K8tie 4ever. I climbed up and sat beside her.

"Hey, you ok?" I whispered. She nodded.

"Come on, let's go back"