date night|14

𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕧

Aiden's gf wasn't with him the other day. I was gonna call him and ask him, but the bell rang. It was Ryan. Honestly, is it weird that I'm annoyed by him? Even though he was pretty good to me...

I went to the door, I could tell he could see the frustration on my face.

"Hi" he said geekishly.

"Hey" I replied. He pointed towards the door.

"Uh yea" I said, letting him in.

"Yea...so I don't exactly think we're doing...umm the best" I nodded my head😐.

"Anyway, so I just wanted to say sorry" he continued.

"For what?" I asked.

"For being such a jerk, and moving too fast. I guess"

"It's ok"

"Uh I wanted to ask if you wanna hang?"

"Umm, I'm a lil' busy right now"

"A lil' later? Like tonight? If you're free." I nodded.

"Like a date" he added.

"Uh sure" I replied. Honestly I really wasn't looking forward to it but he was so nice to me. And besides, I already made the mistake of saying yes to him. I couldn't just dump him now. I mean he was nice otherwise but really clingy now that I was dating him. And I didn't wanna be toxic with him. What if tonight went really well?

*few hours later*

Ryan was supposed to pick me up at 8:30. It was 8 right now. I started getting ready. What are you supposed to wear for a date with your ex who you find annoying but are trying to have a good time with?? Confusing. I chose a black off-shoulder top with a floral pattern and a gucci belt to go with my shorts.

 I chose a black off-shoulder top with a floral pattern and a gucci belt to go with my shorts

My hair had grown longer so I straightened them. Cute. I had a couple minutes left, I decided to grab some chips on the way. A few minutes later, the bell rang. Shit. I wiped the crumbs off my mouth and opened the door. Ryan was standing, holding a bouquet. I took it. It looked beautiful, but it smelled weird😬. I put the flowers in some water and we headed out. He'd chosen a luxurious restaurant. A seafood restaurant. I didn't say anything. Maybe there were options other than seafood. We sat across each-other, the waiter handed us menus.

A couple minutes later, Ryan said - "The shellfish is their specialty. Let's get that."

"2 crab cakes with dynamite sauce" he said to the waiter.

"Uh, Ryan...I'm allergic to shellfish" I said.

"Oh, uh umm" he stuttered.

"It's ok" I can't believe he forgot. While he ordered other stuff, I...uh...kinda zoomed out. I always thought he was the one who noticed the lil' things. I thought he'd remember. Even though it was a small thing, it was a huge turn-off for me. Despite that, I actually had fun. Kinda. Maybe. Not really. Iunno. Lol.