caught by surprise|12

AIDEN POV:

Well that was...uh...relieving. I guess? Iunno, cuz yesterday morning - definitely not the best start for anything. Maybe dying after getting hit by rock. Though I can't say that I didn't expect something like that from her friends.

But anyway, I gotta get ready. What am I even depressed over? Lol. I seriously gotta pull my shit together. I took a deep breath and told myself - 'Goddammit she's bitch, get over her'. I walked over to the breakfast counter and just when I thought everything was perfectly all right...I . stubbed my toe. Ow. Ahh. Whyyyyyyyy. I awkwardly hopped around on one leg holding my other foot. Anywayyy....shit! I'd promised Spencer that I'd meet him at Wired at 1:00. It was already 12:30. I didn't have time to have breakfast. I put some bread in the toaster and poured orange juice while unbuttoning my shirt.

Ahh, shit! I spilled orange juice all over my shirt and on the floor. And when I thought nothing else could go wrong, the bread popped out of the toaster. Suddenly I remembered that there was something wrong with my toaster. I couldn't quite remember what. I was about to find out. The bread popped out and flew onto the floor. Ugh. No time to clean it up. I changed is rush and grabbed a muffin and ran towards my car. Shit, the keys. I ran back. Uff. I got into the car and finally reached Wired. Spence was waiting for me.

"Finally, you're here" he said.

"Uh yea" 😬 I replied.

"Anyway, let's go"

"Yea"

Wired was empty, even Barry wasn't there🤨. Suddenly, Alexa and Katie and some other guy came out holding balloons.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" they said.

"What?!"

"Don't tell me...you forgot your own b'day" Barry said, coming out from behind the counter.

"Hehe" I did forget my own birthday. I looked like a mess. I went to the corner to straighten my shit up. Katie came up to me.

"Happy birthday" she said.

"Uh, yea thanks" I replied.

"Looks like you got hit by a storm"

"Hehe yea" she put her hands on my chest and straightened out my collar and patted down the creases. I was blushing.

"You must have had a pretty bad day, looking like that, forgetting your own birthday"

"Huh? Oh yea." Lol. She went back outside. I stood there, looking at her walk away. For some reason, it reminded me of how much I missed her. I shrugged. Then I went back outside. I felt like pulling her in and kissing her. But I saw her with another guy. At first I thought they were just close. Then they kissed. Alexa looked at me, just as surprised. Dangg, it was Ryan. THE Ryan. Katie's first boyfriend Ryan.

The party was fun, but I couldn't stop thinking bout Katie. And the fact that I missed my chance...again.