Chapter 11

Another Teammate, Maybe?

It's been three days.

Three days have passed.

Three days gone by in the blink of an eye.

Remo has actually crossed paths with me a few time, and we get breakfast or lunch together sometimes. But he was the first to know I got in the school, perfect score I guess.

Remo was the first to know that Xzavier got into the school as well.

I'll see him soon, but Remo has been a huge help. I've learned we're many of the gang is right now. Kyo thankfully goes to the school Remo, Xzavier, and I got to.

THANK LORD FOR THAT.

Everyone else will be difficult to convince to come here, but within a year, it should be no problem. No problem at all.

Especially when basketball season starts.

So, today is the first day of school at Juba Academy, named after my late grandmother who died saving the children were she used to teach. Lovely old woman, I met her four times total, but it was a long enough experience to know that I would have become best friends with my grandmother.

Weird to say out loud but it's true.

The twins wanted to blast music the entire ride to school because that's how the woke up. I don't really care, however I had to like the music. Thankfully it was music by a close friend.

I pulled into the parking lot of the school where kids stared weirdly at the car until Tait and Takoda got out knowing who they were, but no one knew who I was when I got out. However everyone was staring.

My aunt is a very chill and loose person, however she wore a uniform as a kid at school, so she makes everyone else suffer. Thankfully my Keiki, or Kiki I guess, convince my aunt to allow more freedom in the dress code when Tetsuji went to school here.

So, we just have to wear the colors of the school and we'll be fine. Or we can wear a jacket or some kind of clothing with the school logo on it and we'll be alright. Our school mascot is a panther, mostly because Kuro from Kuroko means black, and my aunt wanted something ferocious.

Our school colors are black, light blue (to resemble family), lilac and white. Simple colors really. But they remind me of Kiki's designs....she designed them after the school. Wow.

Which is why they are easy to style. Which is why I'm wearing black nike sweatpants with two white lines running down the sides, a blue-hooded zip-up jackets over a simple white t-shirt, and white and lilac Air Jordan's. I feel stylish, really need to take more of Kiki's advice.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and began walking towards the school with Tait and Takoda walking next to me on my right. "Dude, stop looking so cool." Tait said crossing his arms.

I laughed, "What? How can I stop doing something I didn't know I was doing?"

"Uh, by dressing and walking less like you?" Takoda recommended and I laugh again.

"God, shut up. It's 7:30 in the morning." I heard someone familiar say.

"Remo! What's good?" I asked with a smile.

"Why are you a morning person?" He glared at me and I shrugged.

"I have no idea my 6'10 friend." He continued to glare at me as I walked by but then walked next to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Nice shoes," Remo said and I smiled.

"Thanks."

Suddenly, I saw a familiar face approaching us. "What's good my favorite duo? As well as Tetsuya and The Wrecker, sir." I snorted.