There's someone in the house

Amber woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She opened her eyes and sat up. She and Lydia had gone clothes shopping yesterday and her feet were still sore.

They had picked out all the clothes they wanted and Amber compelled the register lady to give them the clothes for free. After that, she went to the school to compel the principal to allow her to keep attending Beacon Hills high school and to give her the same schedule as Lydia. They spent the remainder of the day drinking coffee and Amber telling Lydia everything about being a vampire.

Amber looked at the contact name and saw it was Lydia.

"Hello," Amber mumbled tiredly.

"Just making sure you're up, hurry up and get ready, I should be there in less than 20 minutes,"

"20 minutes Lydia, I just woke up," Amber groaned.

"To bad make it quick, oh and make sure you wear what I put on your dresser," Before Amber could protest Lydia hung up. Amber rolled her eyes, standing up from the bed as she looked at the outfit Lydia had chosen for her. It was a simple gray tank top with a pair of white shorts.

Amber grabbed the outfit and made her way into the shower. Once she finished she put on light makeup which consisted of mascara and clear lip gloss.

She made her way downstairs and grabbed an animal blood bag from the fridge in the basement that she had restocked. Once she had finished she made her way upstairs and grabbed her bag.

"Come in," Amber yelled once she heard knocking.

"Are you ready," Lydia yelled from downstairs.

Amber looked around hoping she wasn't forgetting anything. She looked at Lydia and smiled. "Yup,"

"Great let's go," They made their way outside to Lydia's car when Amber realized she had forgotten something.

"My phone, I forgot my phone,"

"Hurry up then we can't be late, it's your first day back," Amber rolled her eyes as she turned around and made her way back inside.

She went upstairs and grabbed her phone that was in the charger and was about to leave when she saw a note on her nightstand.

The note read: 'See you soon.'

Amber looked behind her once she heard the sound of glass breaking coming from downstairs. She sat the note back on her nightstand and sped downstairs. She made her way to the living room where the noise was coming from and saw one of her picture frames smashed on the ground.

She looked around and saw that there was no one there. She turned around and let out a gasp when she bumped into someone. She grabbed the person and sped them into the wall.

"Amber what the hell," Lydia yelled.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry," Amber let go of Lydia and looked around. "There's someone in the house," Amber whispered.

"Who do yo..." Amber cut Lydia off by covering her mouth with her hand. She placed a finger up to her lips telling her to be quiet. She used her vampire hearing and listened hoping to pick up another heartbeat or something. She heard breathing coming from the kitchen and then a loud snap indicating something had broken.

"Stay here," Amber mouthed to Lydia, who nodded her head as Amber slowly walked over to the kitchen. When she entered the kitchen she didn't see anyone. She turned around and was about to go back to Lydia when she heard footsteps from behind her, before she could turn around she was stabbed in her lower back.