Chapter 21

~ A Markhyuck Chapter~

" Hey Renjun, Chenle!" Said a excited voice while jogging up to the dreamies who were sitting in their usual table, everyone looked back to see a white haired boy with. dark eyebrows and a dazzling smile.
"Cousin Xiaojun!" bothe Renjun and Chenle got up and hugged their cousins while the rest of the group looked over confused at the boys hugging.
"Who's that?" whispered Haechan to Mark who was just as confused as they other.
Jaemin over heard them and said in a sarcastic tone, "well obviously it's Chenle and Renjun's cousin" earning him a small but playful glare from Haechan.

"Look guys, this is mine and Chenle's cousin from China, he was supposed to arrive tomorrow but I guess he got here today" said Renjun who couldn't stop smiling wide at the other.
"Hi everyone I'm Xiaojun, I'm here with my friend YangYang but he wanted to go to cousin Kun's apartment to settle in, I hope we can all get along" said an excited Xiaojun. Everyone greeted each other and settled into their own conversations, Haechan and Jaemin both noticed that Jisung was very curious and excited to talk to Xiaojun.
"So cousin Xiaojun are you planning to stay for long?" asked Jaemin smiling widely at Xiaojun while holding Jeno's hand.
"Wow you called him cousin on the first day, but when we met you always kept your distance" said Jeno while feigning to be hurt.
"It's different Xiaojun is cousin's with Renle so he's our my cousin by default" stated Jaemin making everyone at the table laugh.
"Renle?" asked both Mark and Haechan at the same time as if reading each other's minds.
"Hush now Markhyuck" said a giggling Jisung making Haechan blush and smile at the combination his friends made from his and Mark's name.

"Well probably till school ends?" Xiaojun stated while raising his eyebrow at Mark and Haechan sensing something there.

                      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So Haechannie, What are you doing later on today?" asked Mark looking at Heachan with eyes  that conveyed adoration towards Haechan.
"I don't know Mark, what are we doing later?" replied Heachan looking at Mark, eyes never leaving the other. Haechan grazed Mark's hand under the table, making Mark gasp in surprise and blush at the sudden touch from Haechan, "Ummm we- we can go to-to Johnny and I's apartment? Or go to the park?" Said Mark stuttering which Haechan found cute.
"That sounds like a plan" replied Haechan winking at Mark.

"Wow you too seem really close, couple or friends?" Xiaojun asked while smiling at Haechan and Mark, but Mark didn't fail to notice how his eyes lingered longer on Haechan.
"Couple!" Mark replied not thinking of his answer. Everyone at the table gasped and looked at Mark and Haechan. Haechan gasped and felt his heart leap out of his chest, he blushed and grew timid, "couple?!" Haechan smiled at the thought. On the other hand Mark realized what he said and was taken back, "what did I say? Couple? Mark are you insane? Haechan might not feel the same!" Mark thought and the next words that left his mouth hurt him, "Umm I mean Couple of Friends" he felt a pang in his heart and immediately regretted what he said. Xiaojun looked at them both in surprise not failing to notice the hurt flash across Haechan's eyes.

After hearing these words from Mark, Heachan's heart shattered, he felt rejected and hurt. He tried to hold his emotions but he couldn't.
Haechan grabbed his backpack and denim jacket, looking back at the table he said in a shaky voice, "I-I'm gonna go to Mr. Taehyung's class and finish my pictures, bye" and walked off at a fast pace, leaving Mark speechless and a confused table.

"Mark are you blind?, oh wait you are" said Jaemin in a irritated voice, making everyone look at Mark.
"Mark hyung no offense but you are either blind or just oblivious" said Jisung while fidgeting with his backpack.
"What did I do?" said Mark, even though he knew what he did to make the other leave.
"Maybe you should go after him" said Jeno while hitting Mark on his head. Everyone agreed and after parting ways, Mark headed to Mr. Taehyung's class.

                               ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arriving to the class Mark realized that the said teacher was not in his room, "Must be with Doyoung hyung" he thought while shrugging.
He began to looking around the room for Haechan but the younger was no where to be seen, Mark was about to leave the classroom but was stopped after he heard a sniffle. He looked around but saw no one so he kneeled on the floor and saw a devastating sight.

Heachan was curled up under a table, his knees close to his chest, tear streaked eyes looking at Mark.
Looking away from Mark, Heachan wiped his eyes and hid his face not wanting the other to see him so vulnerable.
"Haechannie?" Mark asked, his voice full of worry for the younger, "Are you okay? Why are you crying?".

Haechan didn't look at Mark and just shook his head, Mark went under the table and placed his hand on each side of Haechan's face in a comforting way, "Look at me" Mark said noticing how Haechan avoided his eyes. "Haechannie please" Mark begged to which Haechan complied and looked at Mark, whose eyes widened when Haechan looked at him.
"Haechannie what wrong? Tell me" Mark asked
Haechan mumbled something incoherent to which Mark looked confused looking up.

"Are we really just friends? Mark is that what we are? Don't you see?! Can you not see?!" Haechan practically yelled at Mark catching him off guard and not saying anything causing Haechan to get frustrated, he pushed Mark away and started hitting his chest, tears pooling his eyes, his cries getting louder, "Mark I hate you! I hate you! I hate you" Haechan kept saying.
Mark grabbed Haechan's hand to stop him and pushed him down so Mark was on top of Haechan and looked down at him, seeing how Haechan's expression n showed one of pain.
"Heachannie, listen" Mark said holding Haechan down, "I'm sorry about hurting you, I didn't mean to, if this is about what I said to Xiaojun I'm the cafeteria, I'm sorry, please don't hate me" Mark pleaded, his eyes never leaving the younger's.

"Mark, you really are blind, even with your glasses" Haechan said sniffling, trying to calm himself, he couldn't help to admire Mark's features, the way his glasses fit his facial features, the way his eyes could expose Mark's emotions, the way his lips curved on the corners, everything about Mark took his breath away.
"Mark I-I don't think we can be friends" Haechan said while looking away from Mark.

                         ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Late in the day update, I hope you guys like this Markhyuck chapter 🥺
Let me know what y'all think~

~Late in the day update, I hope you guys like this Markhyuck chapter 🥺 Let me know what y'all think~