•Mad Dreams•

Tarrant Hightopp/ Mad Hatter
~~~

You bring the flower to your nose and inhale slowly

You bring the flower to your nose and inhale slowly. The wind blows softly, letting you take in a breath.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He smiles picking the petals off the flower.
"It is, Hatter. Thank you."
"For what?"
"Bringing me here before I go."

You sigh as he looks at you. His furrowed eyebrows and sad eyes, said that he didn't quite understand even though it happened every time you woke up.

"Go? You're leaving?"
"Hatter, I always leave after the day is over." You grab his hands and rub the back of them as he frowns. The vibrant orange in his hair fades a bit.

"Will you be back tomorrow then?"
"I'm not quite sure." You chuckle and his smile returns. He bends down and picks a small banquet.

He ties it together with a ribbon from his hat and places it in your hands.
"A little something for the trip." He blushes.

You smile and lean forward kissing his cheek softly.
"Thank you, Tarrant." He takes your hand and places a soft kiss on it.
"I guess it's time to go." His gaze shifts to the side.

You follow his eyes and they land on a velvet door behind you. You look back at him and smile.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." He assured you.

"Goodbye Hatter."
"Bye." He gives a small wave before letting your hand go.

You close your eyes and go through the door...

Your eyes snap open as you sit up. Your body gets cold, like something that was supposed to be there isn't.

You go to the curtains and pull them open, squinting your eyes as the sun peers into your bedroom. You look down at the bustling cars.

"Breakfast. Breakfast sounds good." You tell yourself moving away from the window and going to the kitchen. You go through the cabinets and the fridge, not finding anything you really felt like eating.

"McDonald's is better." You nod and go back to your bedroom. You pick out an outfit, while also taking note to mix up your wardrobe. You had an alarm amount of red, orange, and white.

After getting ready you get your car keys and go out to your car in its designated parking spot outside.

You go to start it and notice a butterfly on the rearview mirror.
"It's just not moving?" You eye it as you open the door suddenly and it flies away.

After a couple minutes of driving, you pull into the drive-thru of the McDonald's. You ordered your food and head back home. You go out to your balcony and eat there.

After a while, your phone rings.

"Heyyy!" Your friend, Serena, drags out. You laugh a little and reply with the same energy. "So I was thinking." She continues.

"Well that's never good." You tease.
"Shut up and let me finish." She giggles. "I was thinking you meet me at that one restaurant for brunch."
"Sure thing. Just text me when and where."
"I got you. Thanks for saving me from a day of complete boredom." She squeals.
"Yeah yeah you're welcome."

You hang up and finish your fast food breakfast. You look over the balcony and find another butterfly just chilling on the railing.

"Are you kidding me? Go away!" You try to wave it away but it doesn't budge. You sigh and look the other way. The butterfly flies past your ear and you could've sworn you heard.
"Y/N." Faintly.

You turn and look around. Nobody is there. Then you hear.
"The hatter." You turn the other way. Still no one. All that had happened was the butterfly moved spots.

It flies up and says, "He's not well." At that point you swore you were crazy.
"Okay okay. That's it. I need a therapist. I've gone mad."
"All the best people are."

You turn your head slowly.
"You're not talking to me."
"I'm afraid I am. You are one stupid girl."
"Hey!"
"I don't know what Tarrant sees in you."
"Tarrant? The wacky guy from my dreams?"

Someone clears their throat and you look to the side. Your neighbors, looking pretty confused, waves slowly at you.
"You okay honey?"
"I'm good." You smile.
"Alright." She goes back inside.

"Don't bs me."
"Just come back."
"Where?"
"You've been calling it Wonderland."
"Uh huh. I'm just gonna go inside."

You open the balcony door and go inside. Just one problem...

This was not your bedroom.

Word count: 749