Chapter Twelve

The pale-yellow morning light came through the bedroom window, waking me up. Brian stirred next to me. Something hard and needy pressed into my back.

"Good morning." He whispered. His voice was seductive.

"Good morning," I said and rolled over to face him. I reached for his hard cock and grabbed it.

"Woah." He said with a laugh. He rubbed the hair out of my face. "You're so beautiful in the morning." He said and kissed my lips. I felt myself floating. Desire flooded each of my nerve endings and I squirmed against him.

His phone rang. He groaned and rolled over to check it.

"Hey, mom." He said.

I got up and went into the adjoined bathroom while he continued his conversation and when I finished and went back into his bedroom, he was no longer in there.

"Brian?" I called out and walked toward his bedroom door. I called his name once more before I heard him yell my name from the kitchen.

"Coffee?" He asked.

"I wanted something else," I said with a pout.

He laughed. "I know. But that was my mom. She wants us to come over for a cookout this afternoon."

I smiled at him. "Us?"

"Yes, I told her you were here with me and I swear I've never heard her more excited." He said.

I found it endearing that Beatrice was rooting for us. In a way, it made me a lot more excited to see what the future might hold for us. I was sure we would be okay if we had at least one person in support of our relationship even though my parents wanted nothing more than to see me end up with the Bill Gates of the world.

They still had no idea where I was or that Brian was there. I thought about how Blair could always go to either of her parents. Or even how Brian could at least go to his mom. But I felt like I had no one. My brother had always been against me too. Trying to make me look as bad as possible. I wished there would have been at least one person in my family I could have turned toward. Sometimes I felt an overwhelming loneliness because of I didn't have anyone like that in my life.

"So, will you go with me?" He asked when I hadn't answered, still stuck on his use of the word "us".

"Of course," I responded.

Two hours later we headed toward Beatrice's house. I was nervous to show up to her BBQ with Brian. It only made matter's worse when Brian told me almost everyone in town would go to her BBQ's. I wasn't sure I was ready to meet almost everyone in town. Especially when things were still a little fuzzy regarding whether Brian and I were together or not.

"I bought my mom her house." He said.

"Really?" I couldn't believe that. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever that he had bought his mom a house. Few people were good to their parents like that. Brian was one of the most endearing, sweet, and caring guys I had ever met.

"Yeah. She was struggling, and I wanted to do something that could help her. Seeing how my dad could never make alimony or child support payments on time to her."

"That's unbelievably sweet Brian.' I said.

"Like I said, I'm a mama's boy. My mom is my world. It was hard going to UCLA and being away from her." he said.

I could feel how much he loved his mom. It was something special to witness. Because even with Blair being close to her parents and growing up seeing a good family dynamic between child and parents, I still witnessed selfishness in Blair. A selfishness that Brian never had.