Chapter Seventeen

I woke up in Brian's bed and thought about how I could get used to this. He draped his arm around me, and he pulled me into him. Our bodies pressed tightly together. A surge of emotions ran through me. His body emitting a heat that could keep me warm in the dead of winter. The feeling of our skin pressed together felt almost as good as the orgasm I had the night before.

"Mm. You smell so good." He said into my hair. His hot breath was on my neck, chills rushed through my body. I felt his erection press into me and I wiggled my ass against him.

He pressed himself into me more and then his alarm went off.

"I don't know if we have time." He groaned.

I giggled and turned to face him. "Technically, we have all the time in the world."

He kissed me. "Awe." He said exaggerating it.

"It's true," I said.

He kissed me once more before he got out of the bed. "If I stay there any longer, I won't be going to work today."

I laughed. "Sounds like a good plan to me."

He shook his head and joked that I was a bad influence before heading into the bathroom. When he finished, I got dressed and followed him into the kitchen where he made us coffee. The aroma of the coffee brewing quickly filled the kitchen and I could feel my body perk up just from the smell.

"Ever had rig coffee?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow "rig coffee?"

"Yeah. So out on rigs, they make a special kind of coffee. They brew a pot and then take that pot and pour it in the reservoir and brew another pot." He said.

I cringed. "And people drink that?" I tried to picture someone drinking a cup of what I assumed would be a nasty black sludge.

He nodded his head. "yeah. I guess it's pretty awful, but it's strong."

"You've never been on a rig?" I asked. I wanted to get to know him more. I wanted to learn about his job. I was genuinely interested. I'd never known someone that worked in the oilfield before.

"I've delivered stuff to location, before, yes." He said.

"But you don't like, work on the rigs?"

"Nope. I work in a shop. I build the tools they use out on drilling rigs, workover rigs, frac locations."

He looked down at his vibrating phone. He rolled his eyes and set his phone back down.

"What?" I asked him.

He looked at me. "It was just Amanda."

"What happened?" I asked, curious what he could have just rolled his eyes at.

"She texted me good morning is all." He said, shrugging it off.

"Does she do that often?"

He looked like he wasn't sure if he should answer or not.

"Seriously? Is it like every day?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to my question without him telling me.

"Yeah, it's really no big deal." He tried to brush it off. I think so he wouldn't upset me, but it was too late.

I tried to keep my jealousy under control. I couldn't help but feel upset about it. The thought of the two of them together turned my stomach. Images of them in bed, tangled up together, like we had been last night, danced in my head. I hated it. But I hated how nonchalant he was acting about the whole thing. Amanda was a mean girl and he was almost allowing her behavior.