Chapter Fifteen

I listened to what Maddie had said and went to go talk to Brian after work the next day. I wanted to figure out what was going on with us. I wanted to hear exactly why he had been like that, from him. What Maddie had said, had made sense. But I didn't want to assume anything.

I pulled into his driveway and looked around for Logan's truck, glad to not see it. I didn't really want to deal with him. I knocked on the door and Brian opened it. He didn't seem surprised though. He just kind of moved away from the door and back inside, leaving it open so I'd know to just go in. I stepped inside as he walked into his kitchen. He came back out a few seconds later with two cans of Pepsi and handed one to me.

"Thank you." I said. I hadn't been expecting his hospitality after our fight the night before. But it further proved how much of an amazing guy he was. Brian was the type of person to take the shirt off his back and give it to you if you really needed it. I had never seen him treat anyone with disrespect unless he was sticking up for someone and the other person deserved it. But even then, he was respectful, never calling them names or being petty. It was what I admired about him the most. He was honest and noble. He had good morals.

"What's up?" He asked and sat on the couch. I didn't wait for him to tell me to sit by him. I walked over and sat down, anyway.

"I wanted to talk to you about last night. I don't want to fight with you." I said to him.

"I don't want to fight with you either. But you frustrated me." He said.

I pursed my lips. "Why?"

"Because I don't get why you won't just accept my help."

"Why do you want me to move in so bad? Maybe I need a solid reason." I said.

"Because you need a place to stay and I want to help you out. And maybe also because I need some proof that what we have going on will not blow up in my face again. I keep holding onto thoughts of you and us like it's this fragile moment and if I blink, you'll be gone again." He said.

I hadn't been expecting such a revelation from him. Brian didn't wear his heart on his sleeve. He was much different from that. Often shying away from showing any feelings. It had never been hard for me to get through to him and figure out what he was feeling, though.

"Say something." He said after I hadn't responded to him.

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to say that. I'm sorry I made you mad. I just can't accept help from other people. I've never been one to do that. I'm sorry, Brian."

"But you're stressing out for no reason at all. I can solve your problem, just let me. I want to help you out, Hannah." He said.

"I'm terrified that if I move in with you, we might realize that we can't live together, therefore we can't be together. I don't want it to ruin things between us because we made a huge mistake." I said and looked into his blue eyes. His own were searching mine for, well I wasn't even sure what for.

"Hannah, that will not happen. Look at what's already happened. You ended up in my tiny town. Out of all the towns between here and L.A. You ended up here. You can't tell me that's not fate."

I smiled. It was crazy to think about. My car made it all the way to right outside of this town before breaking down. And it broke down in front of a tow truck driver that worked in this tiny town. There was no way we could deny it wasn't fate.

"I'm falling madly in love with you again. I can't help it. Sure, I've been trying to fight the feelings because I'm scared of getting hurt, but I cannot help it. I can't lose you again, Hannah." He said and pulled me into an intense kiss.