Changes

One Year Later

Roddy's POV
"Fuck man", I yelled as I took my third shot for the night. My friends and I were currently in the strip club blowing money for Donbo. It was his birthday. This is what he wanted.

Here I was. A rich nigga, with a smart kid, I could get any female in the club that I wanted but my heart was set on one specific person. Still.

Amirah. Her name still held so much weight in my heart and thoughts. Just the thought of her and I become weak in the knees.

I was shaken from my thoughts as I felt fingers on my knee. I looked down and was currently watching the stripper move but I just didn't feel anything towards her.

With a shake of my head, I gave her some money as I got up going outside to the car

I needed some fresh air.

As I made my way outside the club with Big E, I lit up a blunt. My nerves instantly calmed as I smoked my joint. When my joint was done. I went into the car and turned the music on and put it at a low volume. I was not in the mood for fans.

I went to Instagram and saw that Amirah had uploaded a new picture.

It has been months since I last seen her

It has been months since I last seen her. She hadn't blocked me from her socials but I know she changed her number.

She has been doing well for herself. Her lipgloss has taken off and her lashes. According to her Instagram story she was currently in Dubai for two weeks. She looked happy. She deserves it.

I've never regretted anything in my life more than the day she found me with my baby mother on top of me. The guilt and disappointment is eating me alive. That day my baby momma saw a different side of me. I cut her off and told her to leave my house before I got physical. We don't speak no more unless it's about the baby. She has a man now. Good for her. I already told her if he harms my kid, I'll kill them both.

I must of dosed off in the car because when I opened eyes, Donbo was just pulling up to my house. I had moved because the memories at the old house was just too much.

I hurt her. The only girl that was really down for me besides my mother. I hurt her and that's what ducked me up. She said I was worst than her ex and that was the bullet that made me bleed.

I quickly walked up the stairs and went into my room.

I showered and changed and then I fell into deep sleep with Amirah on my mind

I showered and changed and then I fell into deep sleep with Amirah on my mind. I hate that she's happy without me.
_______________________________________________

Amirah's POV
"Wake up!", "Wake up Ami", I heard Amber say softly as I opened my eyes. I was covered in cold sweat. I looked at the time and realized it was just past 2AM.

I realized that my eyes were wet. I had been crying.

Ever since the break up. I had been having these reoccurring dreams. Amber says I have been yelling in my sleep but I have no recollection. I hate this I thought as I began to sob into Amber's chest. "Make it stop", I cried as she comforted me.

He fucking wrecked me.

The sad part is, it's been a year and nothing about my feelings for him has changed. I still love him. It hurts so much.

I let it all out as Amber hugged me on the apartment floor. "I fucking hate him". I cried as Amber comforted me rocking me back and forth.
_______________________________________________

Ambers POV
I hate seeing her like this. I thought with tears in my eyes as I comforted her. I thought the Dubai trip would help and it did about a month ago. I knew she enjoyed it because she was posting videos from our time on her stories. It must have wore off. Because here she was again.

I know she will wake up tomorrow putting on her brave facade, acting like nothing is wrong. She has her shit together financially but emotionally she is a mess. He did her dirty.

I honestly don't know how they haven't ran into each other yet. I'm not waiting for it. I know Amirah would not handle it.

I realized Amirah fell asleep by her steady breathing . I helped to get her into the bed as I lay beside her. I quickly wiped a tear that fell from my eyes as I looked her. I was crying for my best friend but I was hurting for my sister.

Hey y'all.