You Say

Roddy's POV
"Fuck", I muttered lowly to myself as I exited the stage.

I did not expect to see her here today. The way she looked at me earlier killed me more than the fact that she was dancing with a nigga.

Is he her boyfriend? Is she happy? She moved on? All these questions were running through my mind. I felt like I was going to go crazy.

I quickly stepped outside going around the back of the building. I wasn't trying to have no conversation with nobody. I just wanted a smoke.

Amirah's POV
"Let's go already", I whined.

The festival has been over for an hour now. People have started to clear out but Amber ran into some people she hadn't seen in a while and they've been talking ever since. I was tired and I needed real food. It was just past 7.

I felt the urge to pee, so I excused myself to go use the restroom. Trey wanted to accompany me but I told him I was good.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and did my business. I felt so relieved. I instantly felt happy again.

I had just reached the end of the hallway about to descend the stairs when I felt a hand on my wrist pulling me back in.

"What do you want Roderick?", I asked in an annoyed voice

"What do you want Roderick?", I asked in an annoyed voice. I knew it was him because his cologne never changed. He has a distinct smell of weed to.

"Can't a nigga say hi?", he said looking at me as my back was now leaned up against the wall. "Hi", I said looking at him briefly about to walk away. He gently grabbed me in the crook of my elbow pulling me back. The tingles that shot up my spine were crazy. I closed my eyes looking away.

"I know you felt that", he said in a low voice. The emotions were threatening to come up. I felt a thick lump in my throat. I swallowed it.

"Amirah," he said in a low voice using his index finger to tilt my head up to look at him. My head was up now but I still closed my eyes. "Please", he said in a broken voice as if he was holding back tears.

I suddenly felt angered and pushed him off me. The space instantly got cold. I stared at him a good ten seconds and without saying a word I walked away from him.

Roddy's POV
That hurt. I've never felt so fucked up in my life.
I watched as she got into the car with Amber and Juno as the nigga she was dancing on closed her door for her.

She was laughing at something Amber must have said because Amber was cheesing hard. The dude then reached his  head through the window kissing her on her cheek.

It pained me to watch so I turned away getting into my car and started it up. This got their attention as they looked my way.

I quickly revved my engine up as I reversed, tooted my horn at Juno and then drove away.

Amirah has me fucked up. I know she still loves me and Ima get her back if it's the last thing I do. That's on my mama.

Amirah's POV
We arrived home an hour ago but Amber was at Juno's house. She didn't want to leave but I assured her I was fine. I know she didn't believe it. She saw right through my bullshit but she gave me benefit of the doubt and left. Not before ensuring I ate a meal and that I would call her if anything at all.

I wouldn't.

I was now laying in bed freshly showered.

The music was on

The music was on. And the tears just wouldn't stop flowing.  I just want the pain to stop man. I thought.

I stopped crying half an hour later. "Why?", I thought as I stared at Roddy's number in my phone. I had changed my number but I saved his. I don't know why.  My finger was hovering over the button to call him. I quickly threw the phone down as if it burned me rolling over to turn the music off while I laid in bed just crying.

"I hate you", " I can't". "I hate you so fucking much" , I repeated over and over.

I hope I fall asleep soon.

Roddy's POV
Beeeeeepp.

I closed my eyes as the voicemail played again for the fifth 5th time tonight.

I didn't know she still had my number. She must have accidentally dialed me. I'm glad it went to voicemail.

She sounded so broken.

I'm sorry I hurt her. I really am. Hearing how broken she sounded, broke me. I can't believe I did that.

I don't know if I should leave her alone or try to win her back. I'm causing her so much pain.

But I'm selfish I want her. Ima right my wrongs.

I have to get her back.