Deadass

Amirah's POV
"I'm coming hoe", I yelled laughing.

Today was the day of Complexcon. Amber, Juno, Trey and I decided to go.

Trey was Amber's friend from work. She was now an assistant director at a large production company. It paid well. She was happy doing what she loved.

After that incident a month ago. She put her foot down and decided it was time I tried to test the waters again as it related to dating.

I threw a mini tantrum the day she told me to get dressed and that we were going meet someone. She took my purse and threatened to hide it if I didn't comply. I did because I knew she could get crazy.

Luckily, Trey didn't turn to out to be a bad guy. As far as feelings go, I like him, more than and friend but less than a relationship. He wasn't looking for anything serious either so we were chilling.

Amber and Juno were currently dressed and waiting for me downstairs. I skipped the steps two at a time as a grabbed my bag racing outside to catch up to them. I knew they would have left my ass and I didn't feel like driving.

"Who you getting cute for?", Amber asked looking at me over her shades at my outfit.

"Nobody", I replied cheesing

"Nobody", I replied cheesing. "Mhmmm," she dragged out as she motioned for me to take a picture of her and Juno.

I'm glad something lasting came from meeting Roderick, I thought as I made some snaps

I'm glad something lasting came from meeting Roderick, I thought as I made some snaps . I quickly caught myself before I went too deep into my thoughts. I wasn't trying to get myself in a bad mood.

When the photo shoot sessions were over. We called Trey telling him we were on our way. We would meet him at the venue of the festival .

I was so upset Dee couldn't make it. She had been looking forward to this festival for months. Her period came early and she was in a lot of pain. Amber and I promised to have fun for her.

Drowning out my thoughts. I bopped my head to music as Juno drove us to the venue.
_______________________________________________

We arrived at the venue half an hour later. Ten event had already started. Juno parked in a vacant parking spot and then we walked to the front of the building where we were greeted by Trey.

"Sup", he said hugging me, Amber and dapping Juno up

"Sup", he said hugging me, Amber and dapping Juno up. Juno didn't want to fuck with him because of his loyalty to Roddy but he knew that Roddy was in the wrong so he accepted Trey as an acquaintance.

Trey had the personality that just drew people in. It was hard not to like him. He was real and talented. I'm not blind he is one fine man.. but.. I quickly pushed my thoughts behind me. No time fa that.

Trey interlocked our hands as we entered the building. Immediately as we entered the heat came full force. It was packed.

Juno, Trey, Amber  and I found a spot close to the stage. Where we decided to chill. It had a table that seemed as if it was hand made to show who sponsored and to fit in with the aesthetic.

I quickly put my purse on it and then we were just chilling and dancing

Gunna was currently performing. By the looks of it Trey and Juno fucked with him heavy. I did too but I was currently hungry. So Amber and I went to get some snacks.

The line surprisingly short and I saw why. The liquor line was hella long and most people were watching Gunna perform.

On our way back I heard an instrumental. "Bitch that's my song", I yelled as I pulled Amber back to our spot.

I skillfully put my corn dog on the table and held my drink in the other.

"ahh ahh. Cooler than a bitch", I rapped lowly as I begun to slow twerk on Trey while Gunna performed. The drink started slipping so I placed it on the table while dancing on Trey. He did not mind one bit plus  he was a good dancer. He had mad rhythm.

We were so into it that I didn't realize Gunna was talking. "-Lil bro. Make some noise", I heard as I looked up and saw Roddy. Our eyes connected as High fashion started playing.

Did I stop dancing on Trey? No

Did I stop dancing on Trey? No. I looked him right in eyes as I was dancing. I could see his emotions play out on his face but he quickly caught himself, masked it and continued rapping.

Amber and Juno must have caught what happened because I heard when Juno mumbled "oh shit", lowly.

Yea. He better mask that shit. If he approaches me I'm going to slap him and I'm deadass. I don't want to deal with him I thought. But the way my heart was beating inside my chest said otherwise.