Conversations

Amirah's POV.
There was tension in the air. I felt it.

After a whole year and some months, it's time that we finally decided to talk. Properly.

I did not know what to say.

Roddy was currently seated on the couch and he was just staring at me.

I didn't want to be the first one to speak so I got up from my position on the couch to go get a canned coke for myself to drink.

When I returned and took my seat he was still just staring

I made a 'what nigga' facial expression and he finally cracked a smile.

I was getting annoyed and he could tell. I rolled my eyes saying "speak", as I took a sip of my drink.

"You kept my sweatshirt.", he said leaning forward to tug it. I closed my eyes face palming myself internally. "Damn. Damn. Damn", I thought to myself as I slowly opened my eyes looking dead at him. "It holds no significance. It's just a shirt I threw on to come downstairs", I said half lying.

He believed because I seen the hurt flash through his eyes. He masked it quickly though.

"Why are you here Roderick?", I asked exasperatedly. "To talk things out", he said. I looked-at him as I replied "you cheated on me, what is there talk about?", I asked fighting to hold back my tears.
_______________________________________________
Roddy's POV
My heart hurt watching her being so nonchalant. For the first time in my life I couldn't read her features. I couldn't tell what she was thinking and that scared me.

"I'm sorry I hurt you", I started. She's was about to say something and I cut her off by holding up one finger. "I know sorry won't fix shit. It won't automatically mend us. And as much as it pains me to say this it's the truth", I said with a deep a sigh. "I'd rather we be friends or cordial than being strangers". I continued.

I must have finally broken the barrier. Because I watched her facial expressions flicker from anger to disbelief to sadness all in a second.

She closed her eyes. I'm assuming to compose herself. As she spoke she opened them with a soft smile. "After everything that has happened. You think I should be cordial with you?". "Let me ask you this", she added looking into my eyes . "If it was me who you walked in on doing it with someone else; let's say my ex. How would you feel?", she asked.

The image flashed in my mind and I physically winced because of the anger I felt just thinking about it. She saw my reaction and chuckled. "So do you think you deserve friendship Roderick ?" she asked.

I scooted closer to her lifting her chin with my finger as I looked into her eyes. "I don't know how many times I'm going to apologize but I'll do it for eternity. I have no idea how that happened and I was stupid to fall into temptation. I allowed lust and selfishness to take control of my common sense. Believe me Mirah. It hurt me. This has been a lonely year and I was so fucking stupid to let that shit go down", I said as I wiped a tear that fell from eye.

She didnt speak she just nodded her head. "I know a relationship isn't easy. It involves forgiveness and holding each other down as we grow together". I said. I noticed her eye flickered with something unknown as she wiped her tears.

"If holding it down means I put up with your cheating and crap while you do you all for the sake of being loyal or a ride or die then I want no parts", I said being deadass.

Some women are often times labeled 'solid' by some of these men because they continue to take them back after they done embarrassed them or did them wrong and I want no parts. If he isn't willing to change then I'll leave. I thought to myself.

"Look Roderick", I said. " I'm tired of holding all this anger towards you . It's heavy. I forgive you. But I need a little time", I said feeling the weight lift. "I still have love for you truthfully and I still care about you but just not right now. I need time. We can be acquaintances ". I said tiredly standing about to pack away the food and items from the movie in the kitchen.

He helped me wash up and carry the items as we talked some more. He told me about his new ventures and collaborations and told me about his son and I told him about my businesses and new ventures.

We finished updating each other about our separate lives and just fell into a comfortable silence as we cleaned up.

When we were done ten minutes later I decided to turn some music on because we decided to play uno.

I got the feeling Roddy was treading lighting because of how fragile the "relationship" was. I don't blame him.

An unknown playlist began to play thirty minutes into the game. I didn't know any of the songs so I got up to change it to something better.

I was about to walk back to the couch and I bumped into Roddy. He didn't say nothing. He just hugged me as we rocked slowly to the song. No words were exchanged but the tears were felt as I hugged him back.

"Mirah?", he said in teary voice. "Will we ever go back to normal?", he asked in a broken voice.

"I don't know Roderick", I don't know", I whispered as he softly told me he missed me.