Paces

Amirah's POV

"WAKE UP BITCH", I heard a voice yell with the sounds of pots and pans clanking together.

I quickly clutched my head whining. "Stooop".

"That's what you get for sneaking down here to have a drink. It's currently noon and we have guests coming over. We need to get started on the cooking", Amber said handing me Tylenol and a glass of water.

"Guests?", I asked as I sat up and took the pills. "Yes. Guests", she said with finality as she walked out of the living room yelling at me to go brush my teeth so I could help out.

After one long hour.

I put my shades on and then I was finally in the kitchen.

I wasn't feeling one hundred percent better but it was bearable. I was wearing shades in the house and I didn't give a fuck. I had a light headache.

My choice of attire had Amber hysterical. I was wearing an old sweatpants and a big college T-shirt with some holes in it.

Just as I placed a pot with water on the fire. Dee walked in with her boyfriend, Roddy and Juno in tow with some groceries .

"Amirah. Guests. Guests Amirah", Amber said with mischief in her eyes.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me", I muttered under my breath. I could feel Roddy's eyes burning a hole in my back as I peeled the potatoes.

I remembered what had happened.

I can still make out bits and pieces of what I said to him. I remember telling him that I still love him and that I'm scared he'll hurt me again. I remember telling him that Trey and I aren't serious. I poured my whole heart out.

Now here he was in my kitchen looking at me and I refused to meet his eye.

"Bang!", I heard the pot cover hit. I clutched my head as I gave Amber a death stare. "Could you be any louder", I said sarcastically as Dee started laughing.

"What did I miss?", Juno asked I placed the last potato into the pot taking a seat on the bar stool at the kitchen island laying my head on the cool marble.

"Someone decided to get drunk last night after Dee and I only got high", Amber said

"Someone decided to get drunk last night after Dee and I only got high", Amber said. "And now she is feeling repercussions", Dee finished
as Juno chuckled.

I didn't even move. My headaches were coming back full force.

I could smell him before I heard him. "Did you take anything?", Roddy asked softly in my ear as he pulled out a stool sitting beside me. I nodded yes. Judging by silence in the kitchen I knew they were watching the exchange.

"Yea I did. I just need a minute", I replied.

"Go take a nap. I'll finish the potatoes for you and as soon as they are cooked I'll come get you" he offered.