Go Figure

Amirah's POV
It's been some days now since Amber, Dee and I had been planning a girls weekend.

Something or some bad spirit must have been listening because Dee landed a hosting job for a day festival that she couldn't turn down because it was last minute and she was the only one off duty.

We weren't arguing though because we all decided to pull up and attend.

It was currently 10:00AM in the morning and Amber and I were just chilling.

It was a Saturday, the festival wasn't starting until 1 so we had a little free time.

Amber was not grilling me with questions so I'm assuming she was waiting until all of us were in one room and settled. My guess is  that this will take place sometime tonight.

Dee was currently doing sound checks and such at rehearsals; wherever that was. She should be back by 11:00 so we could all get ready to leave.

My phone buzzed with a notification and I looked to see that Roddy has posted.

Must be nice I thought as I put my phone down. "Aye! You better not be getting my baby high over there", I heard Amber say laughing. I looked up just in time to see that she was on FaceTime with Juno.

"I'm not", I heard as I saw Roddy's face appear on the screen. I sunk further into the couch so he couldn't see me.

"Aye Amber, Thanks again for-", I heard Roddy say but Amber quickly cut him off.  Roddy's eyes widened in realization "you haven't told her", he said laughing. The way Amber was side eyeing me I knew that "her", meant me.

"Told me what?", I asked sitting up. With a deep sigh Amber muted the call. "I'll tell you later, ok", she said sincerely. I knew she would so I let it go.

Amber talked a few minutes with Juno. I didn't feel like listening and Roderick kept texting me and I kept ignoring him.

I put my phone on Do not disturb and went up to my room to take a bath so I could start getting ready

Truth is . I didn't want to deal with him because I was embarrassed. The fact that he knew I still cared bruised my ego a bit. Especially the part where he knew I was thinking about him during sex.

With a deep sigh I put my music on shuffle as I connected to my speakers blasting Jhene Aiko as I got dressed.
_______________________________________________
"Damn Damn Damn", I yelled into the phone. "I'll have to swing by I said as I tied my laces hanging up the phone.

I quickly ran down the stairs to Dee and Amber about to give them the slight change of plans.

"Ok guys", I said clapping my hands together. "I'm gonna have to meet you at the festival. They mixed up my lash orders down by the factory so I have to go fix it. I might be late. But I'll be there before it ends", I said looking at the clock that was showing 12:30.