Loyalty

Roddy's POV
"Amirah. I'm back.", I shouted as I entered my house.

It has been three days since I came home from New York.

My girlfriend had been staying here with me ever since and I didn't mind.

Today was the day that my music video would be premiered.

I'm used to new videos airing. But something about this one made me nervous.

I don't know if my girlfriend would like it. The thought alone scared me.

"I'm in here.", she shouted from my laundry room.

I made my way over there and I saw her unloading the dryer.

"Amirah. Why are you doing my laundry. I pay people for that you know. Or I just do it myself.", I said looking at her.

"Babe. I know.", "but there wasn't anything else here to do.", she responded shrugging.

"You could just relax.", I told her taking the clothes basket from her so we could go up to my bedroom.

I allowed her to walk ahead of me as we ascended the stairs.

I watched as her ass peeked out from under her shirt as we went up. She was only wearing a baggy shirt and some panties.

I emptied the clothing on her bed as she started to fold them and place them down.

I begun hanging up my jackets.

"So my music video premieres today.", I started out lightly.

"Yes. I know. I'm so happy for you.", she said smiling turning to look at me.

Those fucking eyes.

With a sigh. I placed my jacket down and took the item of clothing from her as I sat down on the bed taking her with me.

"What's wrong?", she asked as her eyebrows creased.

I smoothed it out with my fingers.

"You know I love you right?", I begun.

"What did you do?", she said automatically standing up.

Her eyes getting watery.

"Babe. No no no.", "it's not like that.", I responded quickly pulling her into my lap.

"Spit it out then.", she said annoyed.

"There is a scene or some scenes in the video. I know they will probably make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to let you know from now that it meant nothing and you're the only one I want.", I said looking directly at her.

"What kind of scenes?", she asked.

"Touching". I responded simply.

"Okay. I love you too.", she said looking at me.

Though she said okay. I couldn't help but feel as if she got a bit distant.

The rest of time spent was used to put the clothes away in awkward silence.
___________________________________________
Amirah's POV
"Roddy, I'll be back.", I yelled as I left out house.

"Wait wait. Where you going?", he said as he held my elbow lovingly.

"I'll be back. I'm just going to meet the girls at the cafe. Besides I need a new set. My nails are gross right now.", I said looking at him.

I could see the worry in his eyes.

"I love you okay.", he said kissing me on the lips.

"I love you too", I said as I drove off.