C O V E R

A/N: bringing it back to We Don't Talk Anymore!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook has been practicing his vocals nonstop in his 'Golden Closet' now. He's been into Charlie Puth's music and has been wondering to do a cover. Y/N decided to pay a visit to her hyung since she hasn't seen him for two days.

"Kookie-oppa?" She knocked at the door. And for the first time, she called him 'oppa'. "Come in" she heard a faint reply. She went inside. "Hey" she whispered. Jungkook was focusing on his laptop, fixing some audios.  "How are you? What are you doing?" She asked. "Oh, I'm just looking at some new songs by Charlie Puth. I'm looking for a good song to cover." With his answer, the maknae had a great song in mind.

"Hey, I know a good song!" She suddenly said. The boy looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Do you know We Don't Talk Anymore? By Charlie and Selena Gomez?" I suggested. "Hm I can look it up" he responded. Soon enough he was already practicing and memorizing the song.

"Hyung, you need to have a duet though, the song was sung by two people. Do you have anyone in mind?" She asked helping her hyung out. "I actually do." She was waiting for his answer but she was about to recommend idols when "You" Jungkook added before the girl responds. "Oh wh- wait what?" She was surprised. "M-me?" She stuttered still shocked.

"Yes, I mean why not, jagi? You are a very phenomenal singer and I would want you to do a cover with me." He said. "O-okay" Y/N coughed, unable to express her thoughts. Jungkook chuckled at the reaction.

Soon enough they were practicing and vocalizing their parts in the song. They tried to record their parts singing to see what they need to improve. "Ah I think we need to make a few harmonies in the chorus part?" Y/N suggested. "Hm, good idea. Let's try again?" She nodded and so they did. But something doesn't seem right.

Kookie's getting a little frustrated thinking that it's all in his vocals. He brushed his hair out of frustration, and Y/N noticed. "Hey. It's okay. We'll figure it out." She reasoned out. But Jungkook didn't listen and reasoned out. "It's in my vocals, Mimi. Something in my vocals keeps messing up. I need to know what to do, I need to fix it" he brushed his hair again.

With this, the girl had an idea why. "Did you sleep for two days?" She randomly asked the boy looked at her, confused why she asked a random question but still answers anyways. "No" he shook his head. And there, Y/N's thoughts were right.

"Why won't you go take a rest for now, kookie-hyung? We have time tomorrow anyways." She said but Kookie declined. "I have to-" "ah ah ah, no hyung. You need to rest." She cut off the guy and look at the clock. "Come, it's time for dinner. They are probably waiting for us" she reached out her hand which the boy gladly took.

They all ate dinner and the other members asked their male maknae after not seeing him in the dorm. "Hey Kookie, haven't seen you for two days" "hey Jungkook, what's up?" "You did not go out of your studio, kook" "everything ok?" "Did you sleep or eat?" They all asked at the same time that pressured the boy and Y/N noticed.

"Okay, alright, everybody calm down. One question at a time. Our poor Kookie is being bombarded right now. Let him eat." She said. Jungkook looked at her and mouthed "thanks eomma" she nodded. "To answer your questions, he stayed in his studio for two days. He was listening to Charlie Puth's new songs, looking for a good song to cover. He didn't get out of his studio for two days because he was focusing. He hasn't gotten any sleep but he did eat. And yes everything is okay now." She answered their questions one by one.

The boys went back to eating peacefully after Y/N answered all their questions for Jungkook and silencing them. "Oh and by the way. Me and Kookie are doing something. It's a surprise for you guys." She plainly told them, making them curious about the surprise. "Doing something?" "A cover?" "Writing an album?" "You guys dating?" "Related to what you guys were doing a while ago?" "It's not what I think it is, is it?"

Jimin was then smacked at the back of his head for his statement by the girl "OI!" She said. "Hey! They're too young Jimin-ah!" Jin scolded. Jimin blushed. "I'm kidding hehe"

"Anyways, you'll guys see soon" and with that. Everyone stood up from their seats picked up their plates, setting it down the sink and went to do their own things. Y/N however went with Jungkook to see that he will actually sleep.

"Goodnight Kookie. Let's practice again tomorrow alright?" She said. "Goodnight eomma." She kissed his forehead. The boy was asleep in a matter of minutes. "I love you, eomma" the boy whispered. Y/N smiled touched by the boy's statement "Love you too Kook" she then went out.

•••

"KOOKIE-HYUNG!" It was 7:30 in the morning and the girl was yelling. "Girl, can you lower it down? People are trying to sleep here you know" Jin grumbled coming from his and Joon's room. "Oops sorry" she apologized. "Anyways, I'll cook breakfast. Where are you going?" He asked. "Oh gonna wake Kookie up" she replied.

"You're awake so early, huh" Jin pointed. "Hehe, I need to do something today" she pointed out. "Ah, I see. Oh well good luck, wifey. Hope you finish early. Don't miss breakfast" she nodded and kissed Jin's cheek before going to Jungkook's room.

"Hyung! Wake up wake up wake up!" Waking up her oppa. "Ugh" he groaned. "What is it?" He muttered. "Wake up! I think I found out what we need to do!" She said excitedly. Jungkook jolted up and do his morning routine before meeting her.

"What do we need to do?" He asked. They went out of his room. "Let's go to your studio first." She said. "Guys, me and Kookie-hyung are going to his studio!" I yelled throughout the dorm even though Jin's the only one awake yet. "Don't miss breakfast children!" He yelled. "Yes, appa!" She replied before going out.

They went to his studio and Jungkook was currently fixing the instrumental part when she told him what they need to do. "I think there's nothing wrong with what we are doing yesterday. We're both in tune but one of us must do the second voice." She said in one breath.

The boy just looked at her intently, trying to take up all that she has said. "And I think the right person who should do the second vocals would be me. Since you will be doing the main vocals and you are the main vocalist here. In that way, we can make a different sound yet a beautiful harmony." She paused as she take a deep breath. "So...What do you think?" She added.

Jungkook thought for a bit before his face brightened. "Yah! Jagi you are right! How come I never thought of that last night! That's what we actually need! Yah!" He said brightly. She smiled. "Should we try?" She asked and he nodded.

They started trying and recording for a few times. They only stopped when they were called for breakfast but they went back afterwards. Soon enough they got the perfect record. It only needs a few touches but they're all good.

These maknaes are excited for their surprise to the fans and to the boys. ARMYs aren't ready for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: HELLO! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! We will be having a t w t u p d a t e soon. See you!!! 💜